Implant Replacement After Revision Because No Change in Size?

I had under the muscle saline implants 390cc replaced with 475 cc hp silicone implants. I am 1 wk post op and not happy with the little to no change in size. Do implants still settle and fill out some the second time?

+1

I would not expect much of a change with an 85 cc enlargement. My usuall guideline is for a minimum of 100 cc for a size change, and would be larger for big implants. 

But, a little bit of swelling can conceal the improvement by obscuring the contours, and the manipulation can make for some muscle tightness. I would allow the usual 6 months before considering any additional surgery. 

Minor size change

+1

The size change you have selected is fairly modest - less than 100cc or half a cup size.  While there should be a visible change, it probably won't be too dramatic.  But give it a little more time (several months) to settle in, before rushing to conclusions....  hang in there!

Breast Enlargement, Board Certified, Fat Transfer Breast, Nipntuck Breast Enlargement, Silicone Gel implants, Saline Implants

+1

You have increased your implant size by only 100 ml.  This is the minimum I recommend to notice a change.  As the swelling passes out of your breasts they will decrease in size a bit more.  Please be patient and wait the full 6 months to see the final result.  At that time you might want to consider fat transfer to further increase your breast size and fill in the areas you desire.  This is a great choice after implant breast enlargement.  Don't forget to get your MRI tests after your silicone gel implants as recommended by the FDA.  There is a manufacture reported implant failure rate of 9% during the first 10 years after implant surgery.  You want to be aware of silicone gel implant rupture as the gel, regardless of its viscosity or cohesiveness.  Silicone gel  causes low grade inflammation when exposed directly to your body.  The chronic inflammation can make implant replacement in the future difficult.  Good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after revisionary breast surgery. Whether your breasts will change postoperatively will depend on whether the breast implant pockets were adjusted;  if so, the breast implants may “settle” into these pockets over the course of the next several weeks/months. Also, the degree of swelling present may be a factor to consider. Sometimes, as hard as it is to believe, as swelling ( around the breasts) dissipates,  the breasts themselves may appear larger.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific answers.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm