Will My Breast Look Like Normal B Cups After Implant Removal?

I'm 22 and have had my saline implants (375 filled to 400) for two years. From what I've read, I can have them removed through my armpits (the same way they were put in). I was a B-cup before and have only had them in for two years, and I'm young. I understand it will take some months for the skin to adjust. What are the chances my breasts will look pretty much back to normal eventually?

Breast Implant Removal Can Leave Normal Looking Breasts

+4

Thank you for your question. In my experience most patients are happy with the appearance of their breasts after removal of breast implants.

The fact that you are young means that your tissues that are stretched will retract well after the implant is removed.

The fact that your implants were placed under the muscle also protects the breast gland from the effect of the implant.

It should be possible to remove them from the axillary incision.

What will breasts look like after explanation?

+1

No one can make promises as to whether your breasts will look the same after two years of being augmented than they did before the surgery. This will depend upon the elasticity of your skin and the amount of breast tissue you have now, as this is not static and changes over time.  Unless you have gained and lost weight over the past two years, youth is on your side.  However, I will say that a 400 cc fill is not small and there may be some sagging.  You will have to have some patience postoperatively and give the skin a chance to retract before drawing any conclusions.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

What to Expect After Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Based on your description however,  given your youth,  the relatively short period of time that the breast implants have been in place and the moderate sized breast implants utilized, it very well may be that your breasts will “bounce back” nicely. As you mentioned, it may take several months and even up to one year to see the final results after breast implant removal. Of course, in-person consultation will we necessary to give you more precise advice.

Breast shape after breast implant removal

+1

Thank you for your question. It is really difficult to tell how the breast will look like after surgery. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give a better idea, based on examination findings. That includes amount of breast tissue and elasticity.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breasts after implant removal, Breast implant removal

+1

Yes, they probably can be removed through the same incision and you should go back to about what you looked like, esp if they were placed under the muscle which they probably were.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is really impossible to answer your question with authority, as we won't know the look until the implants are out and the tissues have had several weeks to adjust. But because of your youth and the moderate implant volumes I would think you should do well. One option that some patients choose with saline implants is to have the doctor deflate them with a needle and see what you think. Now they can never be reinflated, but it will give you some idea if you want them completely gone or just go with smaller implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD