Do all board certificated surgeons are recommended for Implant Removal?

I want to make sure of choosing the appropriate PS for implants removal in SO CAL, I been searching in DRs websites and there is nothing about implants removal, Do all board certificated surgeons are recommended for this procedure? I am confused, and I do not know how to choose the correct, any help any reference? I really appreciate

Breast implant removal

+2

While breast implant removal can be done by any board certified plastic surgeon, it's a good idea to ask if the surgeon has experience doing removals. In some situations, aside from taking the implants out, you may require capsulectomy or lift for the best result. Also,  how the capsulectomy is performed, and how the breast tissue is left behind, really influences how the breast heals and whether or not you have a contour irregularity. Also, keep in mind it will take months for the breast skin to retract and heal.

Breast implant removal plastic surgeon

+2

Implant removal is not a very involved procedure and any experienced plastic surgeon should be able to perform the operation.  You should pick a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with.  

Research Breast Implant Removal?

+2

Thank you for the question. Breast implant removal may be performed as a single procedure or combined with additional procedures such as: removal of scar tissue surrounding the implant, breast biopsy, removal of escaped silicone gel, secondary breast augmentation, and mastopexy.

You may find attached link helpful to you as you learn more about breast implant removal procedures.

Implant Removal?

+2

The reason why you probably have not found pictures for implant removal alone is that this is not a particularly challenging procedure.  In addition, many women may want a lift with this or replacement with smaller implants.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, breast augmentation revisions, breast lifts, and breast lift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Choosing a surgeon with qualifications to remove breast implants

+1

The first thing you should look for is a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties that certifies doctors to operate on breast implants as part of their specialty certification.  You should then find a surgeon who is not only skilled and experienced in breast augmentation and reconstruction surgery, but preferably one who has considerable experience in revisional breast surgery.  There are a number of different issues which will need to be discussed with you before simply planning to remove your implants to be sure that you are receiving appropriate care and that your result will be something you want and expect.  Things like removal of the capsules versus leaving them in place, and will he be performing breast lift and if so, what type of lift is best and when is it done, are examples of things that should be discussed with you at consultation.  I think that selecting a doctor with those qualifications that I noted above will give you the best chance at a good outcome, safely and with a result that makes you happy.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD