Implant Removal with Uplift, What is the Crease in Nipple and Indentation in Other Nipple? (photo)

I had breast implants removed and had planned an anchor lift but during surgery they decided this was not needed, he removed some skin from below left breast and some skin from around the nipple on the right breast. The thing i am not sure about is i have a crease on the right nipple, will this go away or require further surgery? Also i have a strange indentation on the left nipple at the bottom and the side of breast, it gets worse when i lean forward, what is this?

Indentation after Breast Implant Removal and Lift

+2

The indentation may get better, but I do not know where you are the healing process.  I would give your body 3 to 6 months at least before considering a revision.  The area may be amenable to a small amount of fat grafting, which is less invasive than some of the other maneuvers that could improve this area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentions, revisions, and lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What is This Crease on my Right Nipple and the Indentation Under Right One?

+2

Both of these appear to be related to wound healing and contacting scar. Once the sutures have dissolved it would not be surprising to see some improvement. 

It would be helpful to know if these were present on day one or if they developed only later, and if they are changing for the better or worse. With evolving wound healing, only time will tell how much will resolve. Follow up regularly with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question, and for the photos posted. Best wishes. 

Creases and Indentations after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I think that you are doing very well. I also think that the “indentation” that you are seeing on the right side is probably related to the presence of absorbable sutures; it is very likely that you will find that this area will smoothen out over the course of the next few months.

Generally speaking, it will take many months and even up to one year for you to see the final results of the procedure performed.  This time is necessary to allow for full skin contraction.  Hopefully, as this occurs, indentation/irregularities will also smoothen out. Unfortunately, only time will tell.

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Indentation of nipple area

+1

After implant removal, which I assume was done throught a periareola approach, there could be some scarring or swelling that is causing the indentation. It may get better with time or a revision may be necessary.