Implant Removal Results Without Lift?

I am 20 years old and in July of 2010, so a year ago, I had breast augmentation. I was at around a 32 B before the surgery and I had 450cc saline implants put in on top of my muscle. I have had many doubts about them since and I am now considering getting them removed with no aditional lift after. I am curious to know what type of results I will get or if there is anything I can do to optimize my results.

Simultaneous Implant Exchange With Fat

+1

This is a new Procedure where your natural fat is placed in the subcutaneous tissue to collapse the subjacent pocket created by removal of the implant, with the size of the new breast being similar to that of the implanted breast.  See at embedded video.  We have developed and have  performed this procedure many times with no failures and zero lifts.

Best Regards,

Daniel Del vecchio, MD

bostonbreastcenter.com

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Breast implant removal may require a lift

+1

You may need a lift after your implants are removed, but this can only really be determined once the implants have been removed in the operating room.  Therefore, you'll need to discuss with your plastic surgeon the need for an intra-operative decision to perform a lift if it is needed.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Implant removal

+1

450cc implants over your muscle have likely caused some stretch to your skin.  Although it's hard to advise you without photos, I would expect you to need some sort of lift after removing these implants.  There are some things your surgeon can do at the time the implants are removed to improve results in many cases.  If you are expecting to remove the implants and have a similar appearance to your point just before your original surgery then I think this is unlikely.  Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.psurgery.com

Breast Implant Removal - Implant Removal Results Without Lift?

+1

It is difficult to say what you will look like, both in general and certainly without knowing what type of skin you have (ie, how thick), what you looked like before, etc.

However, in general, 450 cc is fairly large and if they've been there for over a year it may be somewhat hopeful to think that your skin will just bounce back and look the way it did before, or close enough for a 21 year old.  I'm not sure why you chose to have the implants above the muscle but the effect is that your skin has to be at least somewhat stretched...and, as others have suggested, you may look a bit "deflated."

Of course, there's nothing wrong with seeing how you look and then making a decision after that.  And that's probably what I would recommend.  You will undoubtedly get some degree of skin contraction and that may change the decision for what to do ultimately; ie, small implants, a lift, or both.

So - my advice is to either leave your implants alone or just remove them, but not to do a lift at the same time.  That still gives you all your options - reinsert similar sized implants (above or below the muscle depending on a number of factors), a lift, or nothing at all.  It adds a step to the process, and possibly some additional cost, but for a 20 year old woman, that would seem to be a small price to pay...however easy it is for me to say that...

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Removal of implants without a lift

+1

Your tissue will shrink following removal of your implants so you will not have the extreme droopy breasts we were so afraid of when people were wanting their implants removed in the 1990's.  If you're trying to determine if a lift is needed, I would suggest you discuss with your doctor, deflating your implants intentionally 1-2 months prior to your procedure and see how your body responds.  If you don't mind how they settle,  you could have a simple removal of your implants in the office under local at minimal cost.  If you realize you are too droopy or too small again, you can devise a plan that will allow you to have your procedures under one anesthetic.  Best wishes to achieving what your are now desiring.

Removal of implants without replacement or lift

+1

"Over the muscle" implants stretch the tissue quite a bit in general. On the other hand, you are young so your tissue has the potential to "snap back" well. It is difficult to tell how much of each of these tendencies will be in play in your case. This is something to discuss with your surgeon as you decide upon what you would like to do.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal after subglandular breast augmentation

+1

Saline breast implants stretch the skin envelope in which they reside, especially if they were placed on top of the chest muscle .  I have had some young women who opted for saline breast implant removal without additional surgery.  Prior to surgery they were both "tight chested" and afterwards they had additional skin but their nipple position was not excessively low.  They both agreed that they looked like women who had completed pregnancies, in that the superior pole fullness and perky look was lost. 

Removal of your implants requires a lot of soul searching.  I would encourage you to discuss your dissatisfaction with your implanting surgeon and elicit his/her opinion.  Good luck 

Implant Removal Without a Breast Lift

+1

It's difficult to know what you could expect without looking at some photos, but in general when a patient wants her implants removed, there are a few options that you have.  You can certainly just remove them and do nothing else, but the likelihood is that the skin and breast tissue will droop-- I would not expect your breasts to look as they did before your procedure.  So the other option is to remove the implants and just do a lift, or to remove the implants, replace them with smaller implants placed behind the muscle, and then do a lift as well.  This last option in many cases can give the best results, but I think it would be wise to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon in person who could give you some options after examining you.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com