Can Implant Look Real or Just Natural? (photo)

I'm having the hardest time finding a surgeon that I feel will give me exactly what I want. Honestly,, most of the augmented breast I've seen doesn't look real(maybe natural but not real looking). I want mine to move,hang and jiggle like real one. I heard augmented breast don't (even the modest/natural ones). I'm happy with the sag, nipples, and aeriolas (just not my size). Can i get my breast to look very much like this picture? I like the deep fold,low profile and hang like this pic.

Natural looking breasts

+2
A natural-appearing breast is noticeably fuller in the lower pole (below the nipple) than the upper pole. In profile (viewing from the side), the upper pole slopes gradually from where the breast begins in the upper chest down to the nipple, and the lower pole is full and rounded. For any patient considering breast augmentation, there is an implant size above which the upper pole begins to look rounded, convex, and unnaturally full. Mild to moderate upper pole fullness can look beautiful and youthful, but excessive upper pole fullness due to overly-large implants looks decidedly fake, and like what most people think of as a 'boob job'.
Everyone has a different sense of what looks "real" or "natural" In order to get a sense of a plastic surgeon's aesthetic sensibilities look at a lot of before and after photos. if you see a plastic surgeon with multiple before and after images that are appealing to you, this may be a plastic surgeon for you to consult with.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Breast Implants

+1

Thank you for posting your photo and for your inquiry.

Implants are not real tissue and they are made of synthetic material. The closest to natural would have to be silicone implants but rippling may happen depending on multiple factors that vary from one patient to another.

Another option you may have but with limited size increase is the autologous fat injection.

So I encourage you to consult with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in that field who will be able to help you make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Natural and real breasts

+1

Dear Minesotan,

I am not sure which of your pictures is yours. In any event , the answer to you question is -yes. Breast augmentation  shoud look both natural and real as you describe it.   The  2 pictures to the right have a level 2 ptosis ( droopiness ) . In order to keep that look , the implant pocket should be made at the sub-mammary crease level and not any lower. After surgery, you will have to do consistently implants displacement massage so that the breasts will be soft, hang, move and jiggle. This is very important, otherwise the capsule ( scar arround the implants ) will tighten up and will make the breasts look and feel un-natural. your areolas size can be easily made smaller , if you so wish.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with that technique and check their before and after pictures.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and natural look

+1

Breast implants will look more natural with time as the tissue accommodate to the implants, when the patient has a reasonable amount of breast tissue, and the implants are not too large.

Breast implants can look real

+1

The breast can look and feel real after breast augmentation but there are qualities in an implant that pose limitations. For the most natural breast the implant must be very soft, not typical with a cohesive gel, and subglandular. Also the implant should fit well within the skin envelope of the breast and fit the pocket such that the implant and breast move and flow as one. Finally you need to pick a size that your natural breast will blend and drape over, not challenge or overfill to avoid edges. Good luck in your search.

Fat Grafting for Breasts

+1

If you are not happy which what breast implants look like, then I would suggest that you look into having fat grafting to your breasts.  This will allow you to increase the volume of your breasts without using an implant.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Real breasts vs implants

+1

Real breasts are made of fat and breast tissue. Implants are made of silicone gel or saline in a silicone bag. They are not the same as what the breast is made of. The closest thing that can simulate your natural breasts is using your own fat either by fat grafting or a much bigger operation of free tissue transfer.  You may be most satisfied with fat grafting breast augmentation.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

A surgeon can't necessarily "give you what you want!"

+1

Plastic surgery is not like going to a restaurant and ordering up what you want to have.  What you can get is entirely based on and limited by your own body.  Then, given these limitations, a competent surgeon can discuss with you what your options are and what you might be able to get from each (no crystal balls exist for this though).  Then you need to decide if you want to proceed.  That's all you can do.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS