6 years Post-Op, Breast Implants Feel/Sound Crunchy. Causes?

Hello. Ive had implants for 6 years now and just recently returned home to the mountains from a 4 day class by the ocean.This morning while putting on lotion I noticed my breast feel & sound crunchy. This has never accured before and I am wondering if this is a start of a problem or just an adjustment to the elevation change?

Crunchy implants?

+1

Unsure why at 6 years you would feel this. Initially some patients when changing to different heights may feel a "crunchy" sensation as air molecules dissipate from the implant.  You should have it checked out.

Crunchy breast implants?

+1

From what you're describing, I would most likely be concerned about developing capsular contracture.  It is hard to know exactly what is happening, but hard or "crunchy" implants are typical with capsular contracture because the scar tissue that forms around the implants is hard and can sometimes contain calcifications which can be "crunchy."  I would suggest that you see your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendations.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon