Implant Query?

Hi, I had my implants replaced under the skin 2.5 weeks ago. I've suffered with a lot of pain most recently on the top part of the breasts, sort of like nerve pain and nipples are unbearably sensitive. Is this normal to have this much pain? Also,every time I move I get a weird sensation in the bottom of my right breast, as if there is a crease in the implant. The same thing happens if I press the breast, I get this weird bubble sensation at the bottom. What is it and will it pass?

Sensitivity after Breast Implant Surgery

Sometimes the nerve can be sensitive for weeks or months, and this will usually resolve on its own.  The bubble can be almost anything, but this may be the implant and a fold or air in the implant.  See your plastic surgeon for a physical exam.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Pain is variable after breast augmentation

Some patients suffer more than others after breast augmentation. Sub muscular placement is generally more painful than sub glandular. Unusual sounds in the breast are common after breast augmentation and go away with time

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

Pain after Breast Implant Surgery?

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you have been experiencing after breast implant surgery. Although pain/discomfort can be a “normal” part of the recovery process, it may also be a sign of a postoperative complication.  
Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you after direct examination. Unfortunately, online consultants can only speculate;  any reassurance will not be as meaningful.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Pain after breast augmentation

Pain after a breast augmentation can be quite variable between patients.  Having nipple sensitivity and nerve type pain is relatively common after implant placement.  If you feel the pain is not improving or is more than you should be experiencing, the best person to talk to is your surgeon.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

175 Ridge Road
McKinney, TX 75070

Breast augmentation

The pain you are experiencing seems like normal post-op pain related to nerves and skin being stretched. If you are concerned there is a problem, you should see your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

1708 Laurel Street
Columbia, SC 29201

Give it a little time

Having varying types of sensations in different parts of the breast can be normal for the first few weeks after surgery, but if this persists or you have any other concerns, a followup appointment with your surgeon will likely be helpful.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

1722 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Sensory issues after breast augmentation

Some patients experience weird sensations after surgery.  Usually this gets better with time. If you are concerned, I suggest you see your surgeon.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028