Implant profiles? I'm 5'4 and 125 lbs, 32 A with minimal breast tissue. (photo)

I told my surgeon that I want to look full and voluptuous and achieve a D cup and he suggested 550 cc. But I'm unhappy with his choice of profile that he have chosen for me, allergan style 10 (mod). I hate how it looks, it lacks the projection that I want and I feel that it's too wide for me. I also think that i can benefit from a lift by looking at how low my nipple are. Do u think i am better off with a different profile?

Good result early after breast augmentation, your implants will drop and look much better

+1

Thank you for your question. I do see Steri-Strips beneath your breast which implies that you are very early after breast augmentation.

Your breast implants actually look excellent for this early after breast augmentation.

Please wait at least 6-8 weeks to allow the implant to drop into their final position. My prediction is that they will look excellent and that you will be happy. I do not think you will need a breast lift of the implants drop properly

Post op disappointment

+1
It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants drop. You may ultimately choose a larger implant but I doubt a lift will be necessary. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Different profile implant better?

+1

It appears that you are very early post operative. You should wait several months6-12 before truly evaluating your final result. I dont think that simply altering profile of implants changes much for you. Your results look good. I use VECTRA 3D imaging system to help my patients see themselves with different sizes of implants on their own body. It is a great tool to help sleet implants and meet expectations. Some of the limits of breast augmentation have to do with your own physical dimensions and constraints. All of this should have been discussed when YOU and you surgeon chose implants. Best of luck.

Terrence Higgins, MD

Unhappy Breast Augmentation Result

+1

I am sorry you are not happy with your result. However, the choice of the implant profile has little to do with the things you don't like: lack of mound projection, low lying nipples, and width of implant pockets.

Everything you don't like has more to do with the SIZE of the implant, the dimensions of the pocket the surgeon needed to make for the implants, and your very tight, elastic tissue of your breasts. To be totally honest, you would look virtually identical if you had Style 20s.

Although everything will improve with time (it appears early in post op period), you should have been told that breast augmentation has limitations, and your desires were not necessarily obtainable or realistic.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Change implant size?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. It is very early to determine the final shape of your breasts. It appears from the photos that you are not far out from the surgical date as you still have steri-strips on your breasts. I would give it 2-3 months at a minimum as the implant may settle and change the shape of your breasts slightly.

Best of luck to you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant profiles? I'm 5'4 and 125 lbs, 32 A with minimal breast tissue.

+1

I would wait for the result to mature before determining if any further surgery is necessary.

Will different implant profile achieve a happier outcome?

+1

I'm sorry to hear your obvious dissatisfaction with what appears to be nicely-performed surgery. You did not say how recent your surgery was, and it appears as if it is quite early (bandages on scars) or not too many weeks after surgery (scar pads on scars). In either case, your implants are still high (your nipples are NOT low), and both gravity and scar maturation will guarantee some degree of implant settling downward over the next 6-12 months.

If you like the size of your implants, then a moderate plus or high-profile pair of implants will indeed give you a bit more projection (about 1cm--3/8 inch--per profile change), but at the cost of narrower implants, which may be what you want. But then you might have a concern about a "wide cleavage" or nipples which are no longer centered on the breast mound.

The reason this is germane is that your implant width (profile is more or less projection coupled with less or more width) may be what is appropriate for your breast base diameter. A small decrease in width (again, about 1cm per profile change) may be just fine, but when you decrease the width of two implants by 1 cm each, you now have a 3/4 inch wider cleavage. This may not be so good, and we plastic surgeons receive many questions regarding "Grand Canyon" cleavage in women whose surgeon used high(er) profile implants and ended up with their patients not liking the too-wide cleavage. Thus, it's always a judgment call, and your surgeon I'm sure did his level best in trying to achieve your goals. Please be patient as your implants settle and the peripheral swelling goes down—you will definitely see change as your tissues heal and soften.

The answers to your questions will be achieved as time goes by, NOT by too-soon re-operation. Wait at least 3 months before even considering a re-do (6 months would be better), and stay in good graces with your surgeon. It appears he has done everything right, but will be your ally in changing things if something different will make you happier. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon