What Implant Profile Will Give Me a Bigger Fuller Look?

Hello, I had my first breast augmentation last year but am very unhappy with the size result.. however my doctor did an excellent job otherwise..My goal was to stop wearing a padded bra and im still wearing one to get that fullness.. I have 492cc silicone mid range profile under muscle right now and they have settled well ... I would like a cup size bigger ...What profile size will give me a bigger fuller look without having to wear a padded bra .. thankyou for your time... Kittling

Implant Exchange vs Fat Grafting

+2

In order to increase the fullness you would need to change the profile to a high profile implant but you need to make sure the implant is wide wnough to fill your breast base width. Talk with your surgeon who will give you a range of implants that fit on your chest wall and you can choose a size within that range that is high profile. Generally speaking, an increase of 125-175cc will increase the breast volume by ~1 cup size. Another option would be fat grafting to the superior pole of the breast to increase the fullness. The fat is taken via liposuction from any area you feel you have excess, and then grafted in the breast. This technique is a great way to increase volume and/or fullness without exchanging the implant, which will cut down on your cost. Good Luck!

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Implant profile options and breast width diameter

+2

There are basically 4 breast implant profiles from each implant company.  There are other implants among these but they can basically be categorized as follows.

Mentor:  low, medium, medium+, high profile

Allergan: 10, 15, 20, 45

As one goes from a lower profile to a higher profile within the same basic volume,  the diameter of the implant decreased and the projection increases.

The most important question for you is: Are your current implants the appropriate width, that is do they occupy the full width of your breast?  If they are already as wide as they can be then a fuller and larger look would be accomplished by a larger volume in the next category up.  Right now you are 15-492.  If your breast width diameter is no wider than 14cm (which is what 15-492 is) then you should consider going with 20-550 or 20-600.

All  the best,

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant size to achieve fuller look

+2

I would first need to take measurements of your chest wall to determine the dimensions of your chest.   Based on these measurements, I would be better able to make more concrete suggestions.  Give that you currently have a mid-range profile silicone implant and you are looking to go one cup size bigger, I may recommend a high profile or ultra-high profile silicone implant.  However, these recommendations would depend on those measurements I mentioned earlier.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Fuller Look implant

+1

Hello If your breast still have some laxity of skin a larger size adding about 150 cc high profile implant may do the job in my opinion .I like to give some time for skin to settle down before going for larger size. However your surgeon is the best judge I would recommend you to stick to him.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

I am not sure why you would have to wear a padded bra with such a large implant?  It would be best to go for an exam and figure out your measurements. Usually an implant of at least 150 cc larger would probably increase the cup size but that is a rough estimate and that would give you very large implants.