Should I Consider an Implant Re-position? (photo)

I'm18 years old and I weight around 158 lbs and I'm 5'5'' tall. I had breast augmentation surgery, I went from a size a to c cup. Its been a month and 2 weeks since the surgery and the shape doesn't seem to change. My breasts look cone shaped, and there's no fullness at the bottom, my nipples are really low when they are supposed to be in the middle. I really can't stand they way the look from the bottom. 1.Will this change? 2.Would it have been different if I had choose teardrops implants?

Should I Consider an Implant Re-position?

+2

Not yet.

These are a little high riding, as is often the case during the first few months after surgery. Chances are that by six months you will have an excellent outcome. 

Patience.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

Maria, thank you for the question. Your breasts look look they are suppose to after 6 weeks. Give it a few more months and your appearance will change. A tear drop implant would not matter..Dr Narsete

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Implant reposition

+2

I would agree with the other surgeons who answered this question. You need to give everything a chance to heal inside and the swelling to resolve. It is too early to consider any type of revision procedure.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast Shape 6 Weeks after Implants

+2

Since it has been only six weeks since your surgery, it would be best to wait at least 4 more months before considering a revision. It is common for some changes to occure for 6 monhts after a breast augmentation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Not Happy with Shape of Breasts after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concern is understandable, I would suggest that you give yourself several more months ( and even up to one year) before making any decisions about the potential need for revisionary breast surgery. You may be pleasantly surprised in that the breast implants may continue to “settle” over the course of the next few months. As they do so, you will notice increased roundness of the lower poles of the breasts and may be happier with the outcome of the procedure.

I do not think that the use of “teardrop” implants would have made a difference in your outcome.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. See if he/she recommends massage/displacement exercises/use of a bandeau.

6 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+2

In general, implants tend to settle or drop for about 3 to 6 months depending upon size of implants and size of pocket dissected.  Preoperative photos would help to assess your result as well.  At this time, I would continue to followup with your plastic surgeon and not give up hope just yet.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles

Give it time

+1

Hello. A month and two weeks is not near enough time for the implants to settle.Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

6 weeks since breast augmentation

+1

At six weeks you are too early in the healing process to want a revision. Give it 4-6 months minimum.  They look just about right at 6 weeks.  Good luck.

+1

A posted before photo is needed! But you are still riding high so upper pole massages are needed or a strapping. 

High riding implants at 2.5 months

+1

I would wait if I were you.  You can expect them to settle in for up to a year.  This is especially true because you are young, and especially if you have not had children, and if they are under the muscle.

The fact that the implants are high accounts for the things that you don't like, and should improve as the implants drop. Tear drop implants will not improve your appearance.  Personally, I prefer rounds.

If at about a year  you don't have a satisfactory result, your ps will likely need to do a pocket revision to help the implants come down.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD