I was wondering if it is possible to move the implants from under the muscle to partially under (dual plane)?

I need a revision due to a deflated saline implant so I was wondering if it is possible to move the implants from under the muscle to partially under (dual plane) the muscle to prevent muscle flex deformity and what are the cons? Thank you doctors.

Split muscle not dual plane to correct flexion deformity

+2

The dual plane submuscular technique is almost certainly what you have already if there is a muscle flexion deformity. That is because of the way the pectoral muscle is detached from the rib cage with that technique, and the free edge of the muscle then heals into the scar capsule where you see it pulling. The split muscle technique replaces this portion of the muscle to its original anatomic attachment behind the implant, while leaving the upper portion of the muscle in front. I have seen many cases where there has been an attempt to fix a flexion deformity by releasing the muscle further, and it makes it worse instead of better. I would be happy to send you an article describing the procedure. The subfascial plane also works but you lose upper pole coverage.

Web reference: http://www.drbaxter.com/corrective_procedures.html

+2

Yes, it is very safe, breast surgeons do that all the time. Just make sure you choose a surgeon who is experienced at that procedure.

+2

Muscle animation deformity is seen when an implant is placed under the muscle, whether completely under the muscle or partially. In order to prevent animation deformity, the best option is to place the implant under the fascia

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/augmentation-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Convert to Dual Plane?

+2

Yes it is certainly possible to convert to a dual plane, and that will improve the muscle flex deformity (sometimes moderately and sometimes significantly). Of course if you want the implant movement totally eliminated, then repositioning in the sub-glandular plane will be required. Good luck.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Animation deformity

+1

There are pluses and minuses to above or below muscle. A split muscle technique may help with animation, but a subglandular placement should eliminate it, but may expose you to rippling especially if you are very thin.