Implant Placement?

Almost 8 wks postop 375 silicone unders that have not dropped any-massaging but no improvement yet. Big worry is the placement of the nipple-it seems low & pointed downward. When they drop will that make a difference? They've been "torpedo-shaped" since day 1 postop but I prayed it would change with time & dropping but I'm still impatiently waiting or that! Suggestions?

Implants not dropping

+1

I understand your concerns. I've seen implants take up to 3 months to drop. Discuss this with your surgeon since he/she knows exactly what was done. Good luck.

Breast Implants Too High after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, 8 weeks out of surgery, I think it will be in your best interest to continue to exercise patience and to continue to follow your plastic surgeon's advice. I have seen breast implants continue to “settle”,  depending on the patient's body type, size of breast implant used, and size/position of breast implant pocket dissected etc.,  anywhere from 6 months to one year postoperatively.

As these implants settle, the nipple/areola complexes will “rise” on the breast mounds.

Implants dropping

+1

Hi Ainsley1022

The position of your nipple is due to the high riding implants. Often implants (especially under the muscle) may seem high, but this is often due to the swelling resting on them.

If you have been following your plastic surgeon's instructions (massaging, implant bra +/- band etc) it would be uncommon for implants to not be in the correct position by 8 weeks, and almost always by 12 weeks. I take measurements of all my patients at all their follow ups, so I can track if things are improving or static.

I would continue massaging etc, but if things are not sorted within a month it would be reasonable to consider a surgical repositioning of your implants.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

If you 2 month post op you already have the result of your surgery.

If you are not happy with the result you actually have try to visit your doctor and talk about it to see what he can do for you.

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

Massaging is of questionable value after breast augmentation.

+1

If your breasts are to "drop", this will happen as the swelling which artificially supports the volume of the implants subsides. In some patients, particularly younger ones, this can take longer than eight weeks. Massage has dubious value.

Breast implants not dropping...

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. Breast implants can drop slowly on some patients. There are maneuvers you can do to get them to drop. These include massaging, wearing a breast implant positioning band and using a muscle relaxant in the evenings. I find that when a patient is compliant with these therapies high riding breast implants do not occur. Be sure you're totally compliant with your surgeon's instructions and call the office and make them aware of your situation. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implants usually drop within first 6-8 weeks

+1

Thanks for your question. Without a pre or postop pic it is hard to comment on how much drop there might be. Your plastic surgeon should be able to help with this. If you have a very narrow chest and are fairly short, it could be that the implant is too tall. Sometimes the muscle has not been completely released. Care has to be taken to not disrupt too much of the structural support inferiorly or the implant can bottom out. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD