Need Implant on my Front Tooth, Worried About Matching Previous Crowns, What to Do? (photo)

I had 2 root canals &then 2 crown on my front teeth. One crown came loose and i'm being told i will need an implant on front too I'm worried it will not match the other crown as it is now 7 years old.On top of that i had veneers put on on side teeth because the two crowns looked too large next to my natural teeth. Is it possible to replace my other crown when putting in the implant? and what about the venners, can they be replaced so i can have a uniform smile?Worried and depressed, please help

Replacing Tooth With An Implant and Crown

+2

Looking at the photo I feel that your front two crowns are too wide presently and could be greatly improved with the right cosmetic dentist and laboratory.  I would replace the restorations on all four teeth making the front two teeth slightly more narrow.  I would also do some slight laser recontouring on the gums of the two veneered teeth.  This would give them a slightly longer appearance and make the front two teeth not appear as long.  Good luck.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Replacing a tooth with a dental implant and matching other teeth

+1

Your dentist can replace  the veneers when the new implant crown is made so that they all match.  Matching a crown to existing veneers can be difficult, but if your dentist works with a master ceramist it can be done.  Custom shading can be matched so that they look almost identical, but the easiest way to ensure a match is to replace the adjacent veneers at the same time.

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Different teeth in the front and mattching issues

+1

once you are ready to move forward, your restoring dentist and your surgical specialist, will team up by doing a preliminary case study which will include a wax-up which will give you a mock up to analyze the outcome. based on your comments they can study the dimensions of both teeth length and width and come up with the best approach.  

Edgard El Chaar, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Matching Front Teeth

+1

Don't Despair! Your case is not unique, I see it on a daily basis in my practice.  Cases such as your must be planned carefully with laboratory ideal wax-ups to predict aesthetic and orthodontic considerations- as well as future implant placement. Achieving ideal results is not difficult with the proper planning.

Eric S. Weiner, DDS
Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Options for Crown and Implant placement on front teeth

+1

As the other doctors mentioned, there are several possible solutions but it is important to plan this well.  A cosmetic dentist, a implant specialist, and/or periodontist (gum specialist) are needed.  Also check the root canals well at a endodontist (root canal specialist) as there may be some options to save.  Discuss the options well with your dentist.  Implants can be combined with crowns and veneers and blend well, but consider the gums and the size and look of the surrounding teeth.  A bride is also possible but look at the gums for shrinkage.  Good luck!

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Getting symmetry in your smile with implants and veneers

+1

I would advise that you have the implant placed. There are two issues to consider. 1. is the size of the teeth. From the picture your two front teeth look very large and the two teeth next to them look much smaller. The shape of the teeth can be changed with veneers, crowns and implant crowns. I would not consider a bridge in this area it is an aggressive procedure and is difficult to clean and maintain. 2. the gum tissue needs to be addressed. It does not look level. The use of a talented periodontist for the implant and the gums would be your best bet. In the end the teeth will be easy to clean and look great if you have a problem down the road you will only have to deal with one tooth and not all four again. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Zola A Makrauer, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Implants and veneers matching

+1

You are on the right track with your thought process.  Redoing the veneers and then the implant at the same time will allow for proper symmetry and the same color. Good luck with your decision

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Implant Crown on Front Tooth -- Look for Skilled Cosmetic Dentist

+1

If you choose the right Cosmetic Dentist, then you are on the verge of having the best smile of your dreams...a dentist with a lot of skill and experience with situations just like yours will be able to team with the right implant specialist to ensure the implant crown looks natural -- and at the same time make new porcelain restorations for the other teeth in your smile so that when you're finished -- you have the best smile you could possibly imagine.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist