Could Implant Have Moved?

Hi, a week and a half ago i had my breast op. i had 385cc high profile naterelles soft touch implants. My right breast has recovered well. Its softening. Not much pain. Bit of sensitiviaty but nothing im Worried about. My left is very hard still, very sensitive, and if i move my left arm it feels like my implants trying to move. Ive just put a top on and in doing so my left implant felt like it moved. It now feels tigher and harder. Should i be worried ??

Could Implant Have Moved?

+2

If these are under the muscle, as most are, it is the usual that they will be compressed when you use your arms (pectoralis muscle) and the implant will move. It is not uncommon for this to occur differently from one side to the other, especially early on. 

It is early to be getting a capsular contracture, but if you are looking her for reassurance, a better place to look is in your surgeon's exam room. 

Thank you for the question, and best wishes. 

Implant Moving After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Jane,

At 1.5 weeks post-op, your breasts will be swollen and the implants are still adapting in their pockets. You will need to be a little more patient letting nature take its course and gravity helping in the natural positioning of your implants.

With that perspective, what you have been experiencing with your left breast is not uncommon especially when you are moving your pectoralis muscle.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon keeping him/her in the loop of your progress as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Furtheremore, I believe that by now you should be following your surgeon's post-op exercises and instructions religiously; the implant "massage" is essential to ensure a safe recovery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implant issues

+1

It sounds like you are having routine post-op complaints and discomfort.  If you are concerned, then you should see your surgeon.