Can Implant Lift Saggy Breast? (photo)

hi,I am 32 old lady ,I have breast feed my 2 kids and now my breast is saggy which I'don't like it.I am34 B and would like firmer breast ,can the implants lift them and make them look firmer with medium implants as I don't want a very large implants.Thank you

Implants for Sag

+1

Implants do not technically lift breasts, although they can give a lifted appearance.  In your case, I would have to examine you to determine if you actually need a lift.  In some of the pictures it seems like your nipples are above the IMF, and in some it appears like they are right at the IMF level.  This is important, as the decision to lift your breasts is based on the relative position of your nipple to the IMF (fold under your breasts).

I suspect that in your case you should leave it to the surgeon to decide at the time of surgery.  They would first insert the implant and then assess the appearance of your breasts.  If they needed a lift, they could do a peri-areolar mastopexy at the time.

I think you can achieve a much improved appearance with the aforementioned approach.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implants do not lift, but can give fullness

+1

Great question.  Breast implants alone won't lift your breasts, but I'm not sure you actually need a lift.  We base our determination of sagging (your doctor will call it ptosis) based on the position of your nipple relative to the fold under your breasts.  Your nipples seem to be in good position, so a breast augmentation alone may be enough to give you the fullness you desire.  

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Can Implant Lift Saggy Breast?

+1

Yes and no is the best response. The size of the implant would need to be quite large to fill the extra breasts skin envelope. Consider a donut lift with a moderate sized implant. 

Lift with implants?

+1

Breast implants do not lift the breast to any significant degree. They do provide volume to the breast.

Implants Don't "Lift" Breasts

+1

Implants cannot lift breasts, but they can fill out breast envelopes which become deflated following pregnancy.  It appears from your photos that your nipples are not below the inframammary fold.  If this is the case, you probably can obtain the result you seek with implants alone.  Consult a BC plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your options.

John Whitt, MD

Can Breast Implants Correct “Saggy Breasts”?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Breast implants really do not “lift" breasts.  Based on your pictures, especially your side view, I think you will be better off undergoing breast lifting with your breast augmentation procedure. Otherwise, you may be disappointed with continued “loose skin" along the lower pole of the breasts ( where your breast skin touches your upper abdominal wall skin).

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Communicate your goals clearly. Be careful you do not select your surgeon or operation based on minimizing the presence of scars.  Most patients  undergoing breast lifting surgery ( at the right times of their lives psychosocially…) will accept the scarring associated with breast lifting as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.  In other words, if  surgeon selection is based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Breast implant to correct breast sagging

+1

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Without direct examination, it is difficult to give you a recommendation.  Although implants can "lift" the breasts, if you have excess, loose breast skin, you will need breast lift.  Based on your photos, you may need breast implants with circumareolar lift.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he may examine you.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS