Can Implant Alone Lift my Breasts? I Would Like to Avoid Any Further Scars. (photo)

I used to have a nicely shaped full B cup and now after several years of Jo-Jo dieting they are saggy. I don't mind a bit sagging but I'd like to get my upper fullness back and would go up to a 36DD for that if I can avoid the Breast lift scars. I am African and my scars are always noticeably darker than the rest of my skin. I have researched the periareolar lifts as an alternative to a full lift and I don't like the breast shapes afterwards and how the areola looks perfectly round and fake.

Breast implants and lifts

+1

It is not possible to tell for sure by the picture alone, but it appears as with several of the responses here, that your breasts are too low to be filled out with an implant. I would strongly disagree with the outmoded idea that implants lift the breast and larger implants will lift it more. If the inframammary crease behind your breast is lower than it looks then it might be possible to position an implant to get a lift "effect" even if it is not a true lift. 

Breast implants are pillows and only provide forward volume. This is what is needed for the lack of upper fullness but the implant still has to be properly positioned behind the breast. If the breast is too low then the implant would be too high relative to the implant. A true lift repositions the nipple-areola and the breast gland behind it to a higher level and the skin is then readjusted which is what creates the lollipop incisional scar. Periareloar "lifts" do not usually actually lift the breast up and lift procedures that rely on the skin to lift the breast are prone to scar problems and recurrence. Breast lifts also to not provide forward projection or fill in the upper pole area above the nipple-areola.

It appears that you would require a true lift with or without an implant and would have to accept the incisional scars required to do this.  

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Do Not Lift Breasts

+1

Dear Layla,

Unfortunately, in your case, a lift is necessary to avoid the 'double-bubble' effect. Your breast tissue and areolas must be repositioned to lie over the breast implant to have a round, and perky natural appearance. The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift achieves this by internal suspension, transposition, and anchoring to maximise longevity of the lift. This is successfully achieved through a circumareolar incision. No vertical scar, which by the way, weakens the skin envelope.

Facts you should know:

Implants cannot lift breasts

the larger the implant, the sooner you will need another lift

subglandular implants do not have any support other than skin

submuscular implants have the advantage of a muscular shelf to support an implant

vertical scars weaken the skin envelope causing 'bottoming-out' phenomenon

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

If you don’t mind some sag you can get away with just getting a pretty big size implant. To make you a DD you should look into the range of 450-600 cc range. It’s hard to give you an accurate size without an exam.

Breast Lifting Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunately, you will not do well with breast augmentation alone. As you know, breast lifting involves some degree of tightening of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Generally speaking, the  scars associated with breast lifting our most readily accepted by patients who are in a psychosocially  stable place ( for example  happily married and having had children).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Breast Augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures, you will necessitate a breast lift.  When your breast sags and more importantly your nipple sags to be at the bottom of the breastmound, you need a lift.  This will elevate the nipple back to a more youthful position higher on the breast.  Once accomplished, the implant can now provide the correct volume to project the breast forward and result in a shapely lifted breast.  I hope this information is helpful.

Brast Implants Do Not Lift Low Hanging Breasts

+1

The simple answer is no, particularly in your case. In fact, breast implants alone in you will make your already low breast/nipple position look worse. Real breast lifting requires scars as a trade-off for that improvement.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift.com

Can Implant Alone Lift my Breasts?

+1

The answer to that question is almost always no, and certainly that is the answer in your case. 

Your nipples and areolae are already too low and downward pointing. An implant alone will most likely result in the appearance of your natural breasts hanging off the implant. 

It is true the the areola after a lift does not look as natural as an unoperated areola. But the question is -- does the overall improvement justify the scar. I cannot answer that for you, but would caution that if you get implants alone, your may be facing a choice between having large but unusual looking breasts, having a breast lift as a second operation, or removing the implants. 

You best bet is to proceed with consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Thank, best wishes.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.