My Implant Hurts So Bad and Has Dropped Suddenly?

I had implant surgery after my double mastectomie. It has been about 3 months. My left breast was firmer and set higher. Just a few days ago I started having pain on my ribs on the left side. The next day I had fever chills and my left breast is now lower and hurts to breath deep cough or turn from side to side while sleeping. The pain feels like I just had surgery!

Sudden change in implant left breast reconstruction

+1

Contact your surgeon and schedule an examination immediately. This does not sound normal. Diagnostic imaging may be required.

Pain in breast

+1

If you are having pain fever and chills several months after breast reconstruction, you should contact your surgeon to make sure that you do not have an infection.

Pain, fever and chills after breast implant surgery

+1

Any fever or chills, especially if accompanied by sudden onset of pain after breast implant surgery should be immediately evaluated by your operating surgeon to rule out infection and sepsis. Appropriate treatment should be instituted as soon as possible.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Post breast reconstruction fever and chills

+1

Although your fever and chills can be due to another source, it is imperative that you seek immediate attention from your breast surgeon to evaluate you for a possible infection.  The pain, per se, is not as concerning as the fever and chills associated with it.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon