What is the Best Implant for Fullness of the Upper Portion of Breasts?

I breast fed my two boys for a year each. I had a breast lift done 7 months ago and now realized I should've had implants put in. The bottom shape of my breasts are nice, but the top portion still looks "deflated." My stretch marks are very visible because there is no fullness on top.

(1)Would implants fill that space? I wear a size 34D from Victoria's Secret, so I don't want to go up in size, just in fullness.

(2)What are my options? Attached is my post-op pic of the breast lift.

Breast upper pole fullness

+1

Thank you for the  question and picture.

Breast implants will give you the upper pole fullness that you are seeking.

As you plan the breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. In other words, as you achieve more upper pole  fullness your cup may change- to not base your satisfaction with the end results of your breast surgery on a cup size.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size and fullness. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implants after a lift

+1

It is much easier to perform an augmentation after a lift, and if you want more upper pole fullness, that is what you will need.

Achieving upper breast fullnes after breast reduction

+1

Implants may be an option but they make you go up a size in bra cup.An alternative would be to achieve upper pole fullness using fat grafts.

Breast implants to fill the upper breast pole

+1

To answer your question, I think that implants would be a good option if you are looking to increase the fullness in the upper pole of your breast-- it's a straightforward approach, can be easily done and has a very good chance of getting you the look you want, with minimal risk.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Options for correction of Breat Upper Pole Emptiness

+1

Regarding: "I breast fed my two boys for a year each. I had a breast lift done 7 months ago and now realized I should've had implants put in. The bottom shape of my breasts are nice, but the top portion still looks "deflated." My stretch marks are very visible because there is no fullness on top.

(2)What are my options? Attached is my post-op pic of the breast lift."

You have a nice Breast Lift (Mastopexy) result and obviously used a very good Plastic Surgeon.

You have Three Option:
1. Do nothing and wear a padded bra - Cheap. No potential surgical risks.

2. Have a breast augmentation (using the same scar) with an implant positioned to fill the upper pole)

3. Use fat grafting to fill the upper pole. The result will be more natural and longer lasting than any implant.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea