Would This Implant Fit Ok?

I am 5'3,56kg, with a 30" rib. i am currently a full B/small C. thinking of getting between 350cc-400cc implants. Silicone, subglandular (due to slight droop)and High Profile. maybe mod+. I have a fair amount of tissue, but just wondering if this size implant will fit without looking too big or silly. I would not like the "posh spice" look I am looking at a lot of photos, and the majority of the ones i like are around the full D cup. Thanks in advance for any replies

Implants over the muscle for drooping? Not a good idea.

+3

Is a 400 implant too big?  I would predict that this would make you a small to middle D cup size.  If that is not too big, then it is fine. 

The part I DO NOT understand, is why would you put an implant above the muscle when you already have drooping, when doing so will accentuate your droop?  That is like putting a rock in a sock and not expecting it to droop more.  At least putting the implant below the muscle will not add to the weight of the breast and make it droop more.  This will not be obvious for the first 3 to 6 months, but over time, it will droop more (the breast has already shown that it has a tendancy to droop, and if you put a weight in it, it will droop more).  From your pictures, I dont think you droop that much to be honest.  I would advise you to seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery as the majority of what they do is Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  Get their advice with a physical exam.  I am sure that you will be happy with your result.  Good luck.

Sincerely,

Dan Mills MD FACS

IMPLANT SIZE

+2

Without measurements it is difficult to say for sure.  From your photos the size range you have seelcted appear appropriate.  You will look fabulous.  Good luck.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+2

You do have a good breast envelope. There is almost no droop. Your left nipple appers to be slightly lower than the right. In my opinion, you are a perfect candidate for breast augmentation. I am a proponent of submuscular breast augmentation for all the advantages it offers. You should have no problem in getting the size you are interested. Good luck

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Breast implant sizing

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast implant sizing

+1

I would agree with Dr. Mills and condemn the choice of putting an implant subglandular and certainly not for supposed ptosis. You are highly likely to eventually regret that choice and will look like the fake look you're concerned with. You could even consider a properly sized and filled saline-filled implant under the pectoralis muscle as you have adequate coverage on the side of your breast but will feel the implant significantly on the underside. 

The answer to sizing (at least subpectoral -- subglandular will always look bigger) is to choose the forward profile of the implant, low-medium-high, depending on whether you want to increase your size by 1, 1 1/2, or two cup sizes. You look like a small B cup now so to avoid the D you should avoid a high profile implant. Then make sure the surgeon measures the width of your breast upright with arms down, subtract about 3/4 cm and that will tell you the width (diameter) of the implant that will fit and look right. Then you can find out the volume but already know the effect. Caveats are breasts that are very wide or narrow for the chest they are on, the naming for silicone gel implant profiles (not low, medium, and high as in salines), and the outliers like the Mentor saline-filled high profile that isn't scaled for the width. Of course the implant has to be placed properly and healed there followed by some tissue resolution before the final result is evident. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

You should decide on your own breast implant size.

+1

Ultimately you need to be the one that feels good about the size implant that you choose.  Your doctor should give you professional recommendations that will work for you and then let you choose for yourself within those guidelines.

It is impossible to tell from your photos whether that will be too big or not.  Try them on and see what you think about the volume of your breasts with the implants inside your bra.  Ultimately you want a result that YOU want and not what your surgeon wants.

I agree with other posts about going above the muscle.  You may have short term success and long term problems with that.  Judging on your photos I'm not sure why you wouldn't go beneath the muscle.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation & proper implant

+1

You do have grade one ptosis (sagginess ) with some assymetry . From the posted photos it appears that you have adequate soft tissue ( breast & fat ) to cover implants . Silicone implants , moderate profile , 350 -400 ml would fit you nicely . To be certain you can ask if your plastic surgeon could slip sizer implants in your bra to get some idea how you would look like after your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com/

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

You are choosing a very popular range of implants that may very well get you into the size you want. Also note your asymmetry.  A full exam woudl be key to properly assess what you need.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.