Implant feels hard underneath my natural breast tissue?? Normal? (photo)

Today is my 26th day post op. I had 400cc saline mod+ implants placed underneath my muscle with a transaxillary incision. I don't have any pain but when I squeeze my breast I can feel the implant mostly on the sides of my breast. Also it seems to be quite high in the armpit area. I regret not getting a breast lift because my nipples don't seem to be moving much. Just want to get an experts thoughts on my results.. Thanks!!!

Implant feels hard underneath my natural breast tissue?? Normal?

+2

Though only 1 month you are still riding high. Are you doing downward pressure exercises? Or maybe the inferior pocket was not dissected enough to allow implant to fall in to position, a risk with transaxillary insertion//

Breast feel hard

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to give advice without seeing you in person or at least a picture. Swelling and high riding implants are still normal at this point in the healing process. You really should see your plastic surgeon for more specifics about your particular case.

Best of luck

David Cangello, MD

Are My Implants Too High?

+1

Dear jmunoz, After looking at your photos, I would agree that your implants look to be a bit too high. This is not uncommon after just one month, but we do see this more often with a transaxillary approach. Your breasts may still settle into a more desirable position but it may take a few more weeks or even months. I agree with my colleagues that a Bandeau with lower breast pole massage may help this process along. Once they settle into their proper position it looks to me that your nipple position should improve and a lift most likely will not be needed. Please follow up with your surgeon, they will be able to guide you through this transitional period. Good luck. #DrGervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post op from Trans axillary incision

+1

It can be normal to experience everything your going through and as stated previously by others try to give it some time as things should start to drop into place and correct many of the issues you have. You may want to also discuss massaging of the implants or even a superior strap with your plastic surgeon.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Transaxillary augmentation

+1

With your relatively early post-op state many to all of your issues may correct themselves. Check with your plastic surgeon. Good luck

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - trans-axillary approach

+1

Hi there

It is difficult to comment on your situation without seeing you in person or seeing any photos.

I would recommend time to allow things to settle as well as using a kick-strap/bandeau. Do see you surgeon and I am sure they will reassure you that everything is OK

good luck

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Toronto

+1

This is a common issue with the trans-ax approach if done the traditional way with blunt dissection. It is not uncommon for implants to drop with this technique. Having said that, it's still early. Implants usually continue to drop for 3-6 months. If you were my patient, I would suggest a bandeau BUT you should discuss your options with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)