Implant Exchange 9 Year Old McGhan Saline 300/330 Moderate Implants for Naturelle Silicone Moderate Implants? (photo)

Have 300 one side 330 on other under muscle. They're too big & project too much for me. I wanted to be a B & am a 32D. Surgeon suggestions 286 silicone Naturelle 15 mid range. These look the same as the ones I have and the projection is 1cm more. Near the same width due to my wider chest. I was looking at the Naturelle 10, 240cc moderate profile, w/ the same width, but .7 less projection. Would 60cc difference & silicone, plus the less projection give me the smaller look I want?

Downsizing after 9 years of breast augmentation

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

It seems that you are already on the right track but without physical consultation it is hard to provide you with a well-founded advise.

Nonetheless, with 60cc less than what you had and switching to subpectoral gel implant it is very possible that you would reach the goal you have expressed in the post.

I encourage you to communicate your thoughts with your surgeon so you be on the same page him/her. You do want to be as a team with your surgeon to work towards achieving the best results possible.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast Implant Downsizing

+1

Roo,

You have obviously given an immense amount of thought to your situation and have garnered an immense amount of information about breast implants.  It is unfortunate that you have gone 9 years with implants with which you weren't truly satisfied.  Your plan of action is very reasonable and is likely to provide the resultant smaller breast that you desire.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Implants too large

+1

Of all the sizing decisions in breast implant surgery, downsizing is the toughest. New patients can try on implants. Patients wanting to be larger can try various fills (usually rice but other substances can work) to determine approximately how much larger to go.

Downsizing has no such invasive option. However, with saline, a deflation trial can be done. I prefer to do these the morning of surgery, and of course under sterile conditions. Saline can be aspirated with a needle, and you can help your surgeon determine what size looks right. Based on that, the appropriate size and contour of implant can be used. It would be best if your surgeon has a large inventory of implant sizes and contours on hand so this can be done on the day of surgery. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Breast implant size

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  To best answer you really need an in person exam so I can assess how much breast tissue you have and take your measurements.  Your desire to go 60cc smaller than your PS recommendation does not sound unreasonable so I would communicate that to him/her prior to surgery.  Good luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Concerns about Downsizing of Breast Implants?

+1

As you know, it is not possible to give you precise advice online. However, generally speaking, downsizing of 60 mL and exchange to  silicone  gel breast implants should result in a significantly smaller breast. You'll be best off spending additional time with your plastic surgeon;  make sure you have communicated your goals clearly. You may want to allow him some “artistic license” to achieve the results you're looking for ( by having a variety/range of breast implants available in the upper room).

Implant Exchange 9 Year Old McGhan Saline 300/330 Moderate Implants for Naturelle Silicone Moderate Implants?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos that are excellent. In my internet non examined opinion I would exchange to same size because your result looks great. But you are and have the final say. 

Implant choice

+1

Choosing the right implant for you really is best handled in the office after a thorough exam and discussion of your goals.  Good luck.

Breast implant size

+1

as a 32 chest   you need an impant  225-250 no larger to reach a c cup

i would look at the diameter of our chest and implant to pick the right base.

jh

Downsizing Breast Implants

+1

I need to preface my answer by saying that without a frank discussion and physical examination I do not know the best answer for your question. Going smaller is more than just picking a smaller implant, and measuring by cup size will depend on who makes the bra.

The volume in a cup size depends on the band size. The larger the number the larger the volume it takes to go up or down a cup size. As the volume decreases, so does the diameter of the implant. The width of the implants is important to maintain the proper proportions on the chest. Too small a diameter, and you get a bigger space between the breasts, and all the volume is in the bottom of the bresat. Too wide, and you get more "side boob." 

If you main goal is to minimize projection, then going with the style 10 will do it. It has the flattest profile which means it can be used to maximize the diameter while minimizing the projection and volume.

Changing from saline to silicone also matters as saline implants tend to have more projection as they tend to be stiffer.

Lastly, after nine years, you may have some capsular contracture, and modifying the pocket around the implant may help. Hard to say without being able to examine you.

I hope this information helps. In order to truly get an second opinion, you will need to see another plastic surgeon in person. Best of luck to you.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Which Implants to Use?

+1

The difference in volume between 300cc and 286cc is 1 tablespoon. I doubt you would notice much difference. Also remember if you go with smaller implants, the space between the implants will increase.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD