Implant Not Dropped 7 Weeks Post Op Will It Not Drop? (photo)

Im 7 weeks post op from having 450cc unders, my left implant dropped nicely and filled my breast out at about 4 half weeks, my right however doesnt seem to have dropped much at all. I have no lower pole fullness, the breast still looks a torpedo shape and looks completely uneven to the other side. My suregon said we will review at 6 months. Will this side drop or at 7 weeks is it the final position? How can i help it drop?

Implant Not Dropped 7 Weeks Post Op Will It Not Drop?

+1

It can take several months to see the final result of the surgery and, at seven weeks, it is too early to make a final decision on what you will look like.  Patience is, perhaps unfortunately, required at this stage.  That being said, you should speak with your PS and find out what the time table would be if things do not get better on their own.  It's better to establish that now that to have differing expectations of what the options will be.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Dropping slowly?

+1

Hi Bianx. Thanks for posting and sharing your concerns with photos. It can be normal to have one side drop faster than the other.  At 7 weeks out from surgery, it may be simply that your breast implants are not dropping at the same rate. This likely will improve with time and re-evaluating the breasts at 6 months is totally reasonable. Techniques for dropping the breast implants include the use of a breast band and massaging. I suggest you seek their guidance from your PS as you continue to heal. Best wishes. Dr. Aldo.

Good advice

+1

It would be great if you could post your pre-operative pictures as well. The advice you got from your surgeon is the correct advice. The implant may settle over the next four months. If corrections are needed that would be a good time to plan for it. Any earlier would not be advised since the implant settle over that time.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breast/breast-implants-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although your concern is understandable, I think that your plastic surgeon has provided you with the best/reasonable advice. Continue to be patient,  use  implant displacement/massage exercises if recommended by your plastic surgeon, and continue to follow-up with him/her on a regular basis.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the breast surgery performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast implants may take several months to send their final position.

+1

Breast implants may take several months to some the final volume distribution. Asymmetric healing is not that uncommon. I would continue to wait expecting improvement on the right side.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Will Implants Drop at 7 Weeks Post Op?

+1

It's still too early to know what your final results will be at 7 weeks post-op.  Because everyone is different and heals at different rates, it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your implants to settle, and keep in mind that one side can settle sooner than the other side.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and he may recommend massaging or wearing a band to help speed up the process.  Don't worry. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks and one implant still high

+1

It can take several months for the implants to both settle. I would give it a few more months to do so.

+1

I must assume your breasts were not symmetric before surgery therefore this difference is more noted after. In my opinion you have a nice result. Yes further dropping would help. 

Implant has not dropped equally 7 weeks after surgery

+1

Often after breast augmentation surgery, implants are in a higher position than then will be once they are fully healed. This healing process can take from 3-6 months to occur and sometimes the implants settle at different rates. You are still in the time period of which I would expect some further settling. Your surgeon may offer some suggestions to help influence this process so be sure to discuss your concern with them.

Web reference: http://gayosoplasticsurgery.com/

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

+1

Many patients who have a nice outcome with even breasts by the time of their six month photos were quite uneven early on. Most commonly it is the handed side that takes long to settle--the pectoral muscle on the handed side is larger and stronger.  

I certainly can see a difference between the sides. I have seen more difference in patients who were very even by the time the implants settled. 

Patience. The six month plan is in your best interest. All the best.