Post-op Implant Depth

I had my BA surgery 5 days ago with Bellini lift. I have a wide base and received 370 moderate implants submuscular. I am happy with the nipple position and width but they seem awfully flat. I was an A and told I would be a B/full B. My question is, as they drop do they fill out and get more depth/fullness as the muscle relaxes. When I look at other 370cc pics, they look more deep/full. Should I have selected moderate plus? They just seemed like they stuck out too much. Is it too early to tell?

Breast implant projection

+1

Moderate plus implants give more projection, so if you would like to have better projection, you can exchange the implants.  Wait 6 months to evaluate your final shape.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Projection after breast augmentation and lift

+1

When you say depth, I think you are referring to what we typically call projection: how much the breast projects (protrudes) from the chest wall.  The Benelli lift tends to flatten the breast shape.  This should improve somewhat  with time.  In addition, as you mentioned, the muscle should relax allowing the bottom of the breast to fill out over time.  This will also allow the breasts to project more.  Be patient.  5 days is far too early to determine the final result.  

Laurence Weider, MD

Implant choices

+1

The projection depends upon al of of things including the type of implant you used. But you are still early post-op and I would give it some time to heal.

Give time before evaluating your results

+1

At 5 days, it is far too soon to evaluate your results. Moderate profile implants are less projecting implants, however, it is common to use these devices particularly in an augmentation mastopexy. As the swelling resolves, you are likely to see a change in the shape of the breasts. If you are still unhappy with the profile, discuss this with your surgeon. Changing the implant to a more projecting implant is always an option.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift and flat appearing breast.

+1

Moderate implants tend to project less than moderate plus or high profile implants. Furthermore, Benelli type breast lifts and circumareolar scars have a tendency to flatten the breast. With time, you will likely see some descent of the implants.

Wait at least 3 months after Breast Augmentation to see your final result

+1

You're absolutely right about the muscle relaxing--your skin will also stretch over the next few weeks. Give it more time-- 5 days is to soon to be able to tell.

Mark Broudo, MD

Breast Implant Profiles

+1

The moderate profile implants are indeed the flattest of the three options. I generally don't use them myself, preferring at least the Moderate Plus, and in certain circumstances, the High Profiles. Even as the muscle relaxes, while you will likely see more projection, whether or not it is enough for your liking remains to be seen. In addition, the Benelli lift tends to flatten the breast. This may also relax with time, allowing for a better shape as well.

Hopefully it will look just the way you want. If not, you might consider changing out to a higher profile implant. But again, give it time!

Verne Weisberg, MD

Moderate Implants, Are They Big Enough?

+1

Silicone implants come in three main profiles, moderate, moderate plus and high (there is an extra high as well), and these implants range from wider and flatter to more narrow and more projecting.  The moderate implant is the lowest projecting implant and gives the most subtle result.  Odds are that with time and as swelling resolves, the implants will not appear more projecting, often less. 

A Benelli lift (not Bellini) is a "donut" mastopexy and can have a flattening effect on the breast.  Thus what you size in the office will look "flatter" once placed in the body relating to the pressure of the muscle and skin and the lift compounds this effect resulting in a less projecting result.

Thus, communication with your surgeon is the key and your anatomy will often require certain specific implant choices that makes not all implants appropriate for your body type.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD