Using No Implant for Chin Augmentation

My doctor suggested cutting a bit of my receding chin and "pulling" it into a better chin position. I have searched this but haven't seen anything about it. Would recovery take more time and is this better than a silicone implant?

Chin Augmentation options

+1

There are a number of different options for improving a small or receding chin.  Depending on ones particular anatomy they can include one or more of the following:

1)  Cutting the lower portion of the mandible and sliding it forward and/or downward

2)  Placing a silicone chin implant via an incision in the mouth or under the chin

3)  Neck liposuction

4)  Neck lift via incisions behind the ears or under the chin

5)  Placing injectable fillers such as hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Restylane) or calcium hydroylapatite (Radiesse) over the mandible

Recovery time can vary with any of the procedures, but bruising and swelling usually will resolve in the first couple of weeks.  Check with a board certified plastic surgery in your area to determine which option or options would be best in your case.  Good luck.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon