Should I Get an Implant and Alar Reduction or Also Tip Plasty? (Photos)

Hi, first off thanks for looking at my question. I have been really trying to gauge whether I should get a rhinoplasty or not, as my plastic surgeon friend told me he wont touch my nose. I just want to have the alars reduced, it does not seem symmetrical to my face. I went as far as scotch taping it and i think it looks really better if the alars were not as spread out. My bridge is also low on the middle especially. As far as my face goes i think that i need a chin implant too, do i?thanks:)

I would agree with your plastic surgeon friend

+2
Your picture show the nasal features are are proportional to your face. I would recommend personal consultation to further evaluation, but I would not suggest surgery. You have a beautiful face and leave it alone.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get an Implant and Alar Reduction or Also Tip Plasty?

+1

Ia gree with the other surgeons here.  Your chin is quite weak and a chin implant would balance the profile.  The alar area can be reduced, durin a Rhinoplasty but I'm not sure your bridge needs to be raised using a nasal implant.  You should have a few consultations but there may be a reason that your PS friend says he won't touch your nose.  

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to answer your questions with the photos submitted. Go to my website for advice on taking pictures to submit to this forum. However, it does look like alar reduction would be  beneficial. Your tip appears well defined and proportional. A chin implant may improve your profile and give the illusion of a smaller nose. I suggest you consult with a surgeon who does ethnic rhinoplasty.

Alar Reduction +/- Tipplasty

+1

Many ethnic patients choose to have alar base reduction to reduce the alar base and flaring that is often experienced.  This is something that can be performed successfully under local anesthesia with natural appearing results.  I would recommend that you seek a personal consultation with a board certified specialist in the face who performs a lot of Asian Rhinoplasty.  He/she can help formulate a plan with to best address your concerns and achieve the goals you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD