Best Implant for Me - 550cc Moderate Plus or 650 Moderate?

Im getting breast augmentation and breast lift next month, but I need to know what implants would best fit my body (Im 5'4 160 lbs) and my breast are very far apart. So I definately want more clevage and projection (Im now barely a C cup but want a FULL D). So Im thinking of either getting the 550cc moderate plus silicone or is it best if I get the 650 moderate? PLEASE HELP!!

Choice of implants

+2

The choice of an implant that is best for you really depends upon your goals and your overall anatomy. If you want a wider breast, then a moderate or modertate plus is probably better than an HP.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  You have 3 issues that need improvement:  size, shape, and asymmetry.   Your shape and asymmetry can be nicely corrected with a breast lift.   Your size can be improved very nicely, but I would recommend not getting too large an implant, as it can add risk to the asymmetry and shape correction.

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Best Implant for me / breast ptosis

+1

Hi.  From your photos, you have some moderate ptosis of the breasts.  In this situation, I usually recommend a breast lift, in addition to an implant, for the best shape.  It would allow the nipple position to be elevated, the areolar diameter reduced, and a much more youthful shape.  Without the lift, the nipple will still be low.

Your existing breast shape is also wide-set; it may be difficult to get narrow cleavage, due to your pre-existing anatomy.

Hopefully, your surgeon has discussed these possibilities with you.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Implants will look best with a lift.

+1

You would benefit from a lift due to your nipple placement.  You can choose an implant size dirung your consultation with a npard certified PS.

+1

Thanks for submitting a picture it really helps in giving specific advice. I would tell you that no matter what implant you use you are not going to get your breasts closer together. With that in mind you should have as a goal to have the best looking breasts possible from your starting point. There are then several points I would keep in mind. First the moderate implant is very flat and not going to give projection which is clearly what you need. Also the weight of the implant over time is going to pull your breast down and change the way your breasts look. I think you would be better off in the long run with a higher profile implant.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD