Impacted Tooth Removal: Continued Orthodontics?

I currently have braces, which were put on as a result of an impacted cuspid (#11). I am 27 years old. The orthodontist thought she would be able to bring the tooth down through chain activation, so I went to an oral surgeon, had bone scraped away, and a chain attached. A year later, the tooth has not moved and my orthodontist is now suggesting that I have an implant following extraction. She further wants me to continue with my orthodontics (pay more money). Should I leave the braces on?

Impacted canine,exposure failure what is the best option

+1

I would probably remain in orthodontics, extract the tooth, graft the site and place a dental implant.  After implant is placed remain in ortho until the crown is ready to be placed. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Continue Orthodontics while Extracting Impacted Canine

+1

You probably do want to continue with the orthodontics because the space has to be established and maintained for the eventual implant crown. Without braces, the space would tend to close up as the adjacent teeth shift position.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist