What Impact Does Strattice Have on Subsequent Breast Surgeries?

I am 3 wks post op from a breast surgery using strattice to prevent bottoming out of my implants. If my PS needs to go back in to do another procedure such as a pocket revision or an implant exchange, does the strattice have any impact on that? Does having strattice make it more difficult to have future breast surgery? thank you

Impact of Strattice on Future Breast Surgeries

+1

In most cases, the Strattice becomes incorporated within a few months and will not affect future surgeries.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

The Strattice does incorporate into your own tissue and on those rare occasions when I have had to go back in, I was able to make an incision right in the Strattice just like I would through capsule...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Strattice

+1

Strattice eventually becomes incorporated into your tissues and should not prevent or make future surgery any more difficult.

Strattice and Subsequent Breast Surgeries?

+1

The most important factor in the use of "biologicals" the off the shelf grafts Plastic surgeons are now using to hold implants in placed and cover them to mask rippling in thinning breast skin IS their ability to be integrated by your tissuers. The integration involves scar tissue and blood vessel invasion of these sheets (Strattice, Alloderm etc). If the operation is done after the integration is complete, the tissue behaves like slightly thicher breast tissue and does NOT interfere with the surgery in a substantial way.

No issues with more surgery after Strattice

+1

The use of Strattice, an acellular dermal matrix like Alloderm, is intended to minimize the need for subsequent surgeries. However, because Strattice and Alloderm become living tissue, there is no reason why subsequent surgery should cause a problem.