Should I Be Concerned if One Breast Is Swelling More than the Other After Implant Revision?

I had a breast revision 6 days ago for a capsular contracture and scar tissue in my right breast. I originally had 280cc saline under the muscles. With the revision I also changed my size. I currently have 490cc in left and 430 in right, smooth saline high profile, under. My ps said he had to remove scar tissue in my right breast. Now i am happy with size but my right is much more swollen than left. I know its early still but could this be from more work needed on that right side?

Breast revision surgery complication?

+2

Thank you for the question. Based on your statement that one breast is “much more swollen” it would be in your best interest to see a plastic surgeon ASAP.  Only he/she can tell you definitively if the swelling is to be expected or if you are experiencing the complication that needs to be dealt with.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

+1

Based upon your posted description this is one of the true urgent situations in post operative plastic surgery. PLEASE contact your surgeon ASAP.