Can you be immune or unresponsive to Retin A? Obagi NuDerm straight to 0.1% with no peeling despite how much or often I use it.

I'm on Obagi NuDerm + 0.1% tretinoin with NO peeling redness/side effects. The only way I managed to get some light flaking was by applying it with blender right after a face steam when my skin was warm & damp. Am I immune to the magic of retin-A? My doc insists changes are at cellular level but I don't see anything after 6wks. It does not even irritate the skin under my eyes! Can you increase efficacy / penetration by combining with an additional acid (besides the Obagi one) or other product?

No irritation from Retin-A

+1
You do not have to have redness or flaking for Retin-A to be effective. It takes about a month for any product to even begin working. So you need time. You don't need to peel.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."