Immediately After Lipo Should the Lipo Spot Be Covered or Left Open to Ooze out Fluid or Bandaged?

Got my thighs lipo today and oozing a lot of blood?shd it be bandaged or left open to ooze out as much as possible.plz advice

Cover liposuction site until drainage stops

+1

You are describing an open incision approach most likely - in either case keep it bandaged until the site no longer leaks.

Open Incisions vs Closed for Liposuction is highly variable based on surgeon's preference. If they are to be closed then it would be right away, not 3 days later. Most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons close liposuction incisions regardless of the type of liposuction used (Smart Lipo, Ultrasonic liposuction, conventional or PAL - power assisted liposuction. In my more than 2 decades of practice and trying each of these devices, I have not found any prolonged recovery by closing incisions. On the contrary I feel that I have prevented the mess and hassle to the patient. The ultimate scar has a better chance of being smaller if sutured.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/liposuction/

Drainage after liposuction

+1

Some drainage is typical after liposuction when the access incisions are left open.  These areas should be covered with sterile dressings that are changed often.  The drainage should slow down within the first 24 hours.  The best advice is to call your doctor and to get examined immediately if they deem it necessary.

Web reference: http://kplasticsurgery.com

Albany Plastic Surgeon

After care for liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Cover the oozing areas with gauze to absorb the bloody drainage.
  • Your liposuction surgeon should have given you written post-op instructions. 
  • If drainage is frankly bloody - and not tapering off - call your liposuction surgeon.
  • Usually drainage stops in 24 hours. If not, you need a check for anemia.
  • If not, see your liposuction surgeon. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Aftercare for Liposuction Incisions

+1

It is not necessarily the bandages that keep the access sites from draining. It is whether the sites were closed with sutures or not. It can be done either way, and it is usually the preference of your surgeon. In general, if sutures are used, there is very little drainage but more swelling, bruising and discomfort during the recovery period. Without sutures, the recovery tends to be more comfortable with less swelling and bruising. However, it can be quite messy for the first 24 hours. This is not a problem as long as the patient is aware of it ahead of time.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Incision Line Care after Liposuction Surgery?

+1

Best to check with your plastic surgeon about the technique used (open or closed incisions), what to expect, and how to treat the incision lines. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction and drainage

+1

Some surgeons close the incisions, and some leave them open. Some have patients wear garments and others do not. Best to ask your surgeon what he prefers.

Should the Lipo Spot Be Covered or Left Open to Ooze

+1

Best advice--call your surgeon for instructions. Only the surgeon knows what was done, and what to expect. All the best.

Leaving the liposuction access open or suture closing them

+1

Some plastic surgeons elect to place a suture on the liposuction sites and others leave it open to drain.  In any event, liposuction is a wet, somewhat messy surgery for the first 24 to 36 hours.  The more the fluid drains out the less swollen and some times the less bruised you will get.  If you have questions about  your care then discuss this with your plastic surgeon.