Is Imiquiod a reasonable option for Lentigo Maligna in situ on the face? (photo)

If it fades the lesion how do you know it is all gone? Will another bx prove that it is indeed gone? I am considering this option due to the confusion of LM in situ vs atypical or dysplastic nevus, and the location on my face.

LMM on Face and Using Imiquimod

+2
This is a complex question and cannot be accurately answered on this platform.  Also, many dermatologists will say various things.  I believe I posted regarding this issue in the past and suggested the use of imiquimod.  There are other alternative options such as laser resurfacing and progressive shave excisions with healing.  I suggest seeking the advice of a dermatologic surgeon who has experience in the treatment of lentigo maligna and then follow his/her treatment plan.  No one plan is ultimate, there are various ways to go about this condition.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.