IMF One Side Needs Raising After BA Surgery – How Long to Leave? What Surgery is Involved? Success Rates? (photo)

Thanks for prev feedback confirming revision required BA 9 weeks ago so it's too early for corrective surgery but ideally how many months should I leave prior to having corrective surgery? If left until perhaps October(7mnths) could that be detrimental to the success of the results? How is the surgery performed? Is there a risk of puncturing the implant? How successful is raising the IMF in general? Many thanks for any replies. I'm so worried. 225cc silicone textured unders. 26” chest BWD 11cm

Violation of the infra mammary fold usually require surgical correction.

+1

The asymmetry in the picture is fairly modest. There may be some visual improvement with time. I'm not certain I would recommend revisional surgery if the problem gets no worse.

+1

Yes allow at least 7 months before considering revision. There is a chance things might settle to your liking .. 

Capsulorraphy to Raise Inframmmary Fold after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Raising the inframammary fold area usually involves capsulorraphy techniques.

This involves removal of a segment of breast implant capsule among the inferior/lower aspect of the left breast implant pocket. The 2 edges of  capsule tissue are sutured to one another with permanent suture. This procedure reduces the size of the implant pocket and prevents the descent  of the implant. This procedure will likely improve the symmetry of the breasts  and the positioning of the nipple–areola on the involved breast mound.
Make sure you are working with a well trained experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.  Capsulorraphy, even in the best of times, is not always successful and further revisionary surgery may be necessary.

Breast implant revision question

+1

I agree that the rate of success is excellent! Long lasting or permanent sutures are used to close off the lower pocket and the capsule above often needs to be opened. The implant is reused. The procedure is done under anesthesia and is 1 hour in most cases. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Raising your IMF after breast augmentation

+1
Waiting until October (7 months) is a reasonable time to wait before proceeding with revision surgery. This amount of time will allow for maturation of the capsule surrounding your implant. Surgery involves removal of your implant and repair of the low inframammary fold using sutures (capsulorrhaphy). In some cases acellular dermal matrix may be required to reinforce the repair. The use of the acellular dermal matrix is a judgement call made by the surgeon of your choosing. IMF repair is successful in the right hands. Hope this helps. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

IMF One Side Needs Raising After BA Surgery – How Long to Leave? What Surgery is Involved? Success Rates?

+1

In most women, the reestablishing of the IMF is a very successful procedure.  The number of months after the initial surgery plays little role in the success of the revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Usually wait 6 months for breast augmentation revision.

+1

Hi.

The exact date does not matter.The implant is removed, the pocket is enlarged upward, the fold is raised with a row of internal stitches (capsulorrhaphy), and then the implant is replaced. Chance of success very high.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)