IMF Rising Up Along with Swelling Going Down?

Hi Doctors- I am 2 weeks post a breast revision. The crease fold of my right breast (the side where there was pocket work done) has gone up about 3 millimeters from where it was 3 day post-op (when I first looked at my breast after the revision)as swelling is going down. Could this be because of normal skin contraction when swelling is down (and therefore the rise of IMF) or should I be concerned of early signs of capsular contracture? Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

+1

Pictures would be helpful, but you are too early to know- be sure to support your breast with a good support bra and follow up with your surgeon.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revisionary Breast Surgery Recovery

+1

Please allow yourself time for healing.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and listen to the post operative instructions.  It is understandable that you worry after having the revisionary surgery but be patient and allow your body to heal.

Too early to tell

+1

You are still in the healing phase and need to wait.  Talk to your surgeon and get his thought on the matter.  However, it is very rare for capsular contracture to happen this early from surgery.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Fold change early after augmentation revision

+1

It is way too early to assess the results of your revision.  Swelling and stretching will take at least 4-6 weeks to settle down.  After the fourth week the trend should be obvious and positive in terms of shape and symmetry.  If things are moving in the wrong direction after that point then there may be a reason for earlier (after 6 weeks or so) rather than later revision.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

IMF change after breast augmentation revision

+1

Resolution of swelling would account for the changes you describe. Follow up closely with your surgeon.

J. Brian Boyd, MD