What Can Cause Imbalanced Breathing After Septoplasty and Turbinoplasty?

It's been 7 weeks that I had septoplasty and turbinoplasty, my right nostril is wide open, left remains closed. Is this normal?There is no balance in my breathing, I feel frustrated, don't know what to do. To sum it up it's worst than it was pre op. After the operation all the blood and mucus came out the right notstril and down my throat. I still rinse it and apply the cream I got from doctor but this seems not to have any effect, nothing comes out, all clear. What can be the cause?

Breathing problems after deviated septum surgery

+1

It's not always possible to create perfectly symmetric breathing with nasal surgery. However, if one side is completely close 7 weeks after surgery, you should ask your surgeon if you are going to need a revision and if not what is the reason for the persistent obstruction. If you are not satisfied, have nasal endoscopy done on a second opinion and consider what the other surgeon thinks.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon