Twisted Tip; Options For Getting It Fixed?

Hello everyone. Basically I fractured my nose really bad and it healed off center. I got it refractured and reset but now a portion of my septum at the tip is twisted to one side and actually touches the outer wall. It would be hard for others to see, but I can see the difference and it really bothers me. I understand there are camoflauging techniques but I was wondering what my options would be as far as legitamitely getting it fixed. Thanks so much.

Options for twisted tip, deviated septum

+1

Dear American 05, you have several options for secondary correction of this deformity. Of course you need to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist first. It often happens that the septum warps or twists after corrective surgery and this may affect the tip cartilages as well. In general, I recommend structural grafting to correct this problem, using stiffer cartilage or even thin ethmoid bone grafts, in order to strengthen the weakened area. Usually, more shaving does not work well, unless the deformity is quite limited, not involving structural support of the tip. Good luck!

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a twisted nose

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. I would recommend a consult with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to look at your nose in person and provide you with recommendations. In general, correcting a twisted nose is a very difficult procedure and requires the skill of an expert. It is not always possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Deviated septum and twisted tip

+1

Hello.  Of course, an in-person consultation is required.  A septo-rhinoplasty is a feasible option.  This would correct for a deviated septum (the septum is the "wall" between the two nostrils) as well as correct for external nasal contour deformities.  Select a surgeon who can show you multiple before and after photos of patients with similar issues.  Hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for twisted nose

+1

It is important to make sure that there really is a deviation it can be seen, before undergoing a revision rhinoplasty. Options to straighten a crooked nose include osteotomies of the nasal bones, shaving of the crooked dorsal septal cartilage, a  spreader graft placed to the concave side, or simply a reduction of a septal fracture. Please see the link below for examples of twisted noses we have repaired in our rhinoplasty practice

Rhinoplasty after trrauma

+1

It would be helpful if you could provide a photo.There are multiple options depending on the specific problem. The options range from repositioning the tip and /or the septum.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Septal deviations

+1

If you tip is deviated to one side because of a previous fracture, it is quite possible to straighten it, but an exam in person would be essential.