Do I Need a Lift/Advice Benefits of Going over the Muscle? (photo)

Hi,I am currently looking to have a breast augmentation but wondered do i need a lift. I have had different consults with different opinions. I have also been advised I have enough tissue to go over the muscle, but regardless of how much tissue I have isn't under the muscle more beneficial. I get the feeling from my last doctor he wants to make this really EASY, but i want long lasting results. I am currenltly leaning toward saline over the muscle. I am 31years old, 2 kids 112lbs. Please help!

Benefits of Going Over Muscle #breastimplants

A few things I did not get was how large you want to be. That may affect whether you need a lift or not. So there are so many things with regards to saline or silicone above or below the muscle. I feel that a better long term result will be in the sub-muscular pocket. Capsular contracture rates are higher above the muscle and higher with saline above the muscle vs silicone. Below the muscle the contracture rates are the same for either silicone or saline. Above the muscle you will find more rippling of the implant with saline above the muscle than below the muscle. Your tissue will thin over time and with implants above the muscle you will surely have a great amount of visibility of the implant. This can happen with either silicone or saline but is more common with saline. 

As to the lift. If the nipple is at or above the fold usually you do not need a lift, but if you have part of the breast tissue below the fold, pseudootosis, like you do sometimes if you do not go big enough you will need the lower breast skin removed. The lower pole of the breast is the worst part of the breast in my opinion in terms of quality of the tissue and skin. When I perform an augmentation and lift I usually get rid of that lower pole breasts skin and some tissue so the breast does not bottom out over time. The lift part is more of a physical exam call and how big you want to be. Bigger implants fill the skin envelope out better.