Is it possible to have a TT, lipo, and have the fat transferred to the hips?

I would like to get a TT with the fat to be transferred to my hips and also a BBL. But I hear that if all that was done at the same time, the healing process would not be good. Is this true?

Fat grafting and tummy tuck

+2
In my opinion he will jeopardize one procedure or the other. Most likely you will jeopardize your fat grafting. It is difficult to recover from a BBL and a tummy tuck at the same time let alone probably not wise to either sit on your buttocks  four hours while the tummy tuck is being done or rest on your tummy tuck while you're fat grafting is being done.

Liposuction and fat transfer with a tummy tuck

+2
Many  Plastic  Surgeons   now  routinely   perform  a  Lipo Abdominoplasty  type  of  Tummy  Tuck   .Combining liposuction  of  the hips,   flanks  and  back  region   with  a  tummy  tuck   provides  a  more  sculpted   hourglass  shaped  torso .   For  some  time  now  we   have  included  fat  transfer  to  the  buttocks  with  our  Lipo  Abdominoplasties. . 

Patients  however  must  be  in good medical  condition  to  undergo  the  extended  procedure.  The  recovery  time  is  somewhat longer  but  the  combined  procedure   avoids  the  need  of   undergoing   two  separate    procedures.   

Marvin F. Shienbaum, MD
Brandon Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Buttock/Hip Augmentation

+2
When combining a tummy tuck, liposuction and fat grafting the the hips and buttocks, it is not about adverse effects on healing. Rather it is about how the recovery would be. While they certainly can be done together, it does make the recovery more difficult. Conversely, doing it in two stages (liposuction and fat grafting first) makes each recovery easier but then again it is two operations and recoveries. These procedures can be done either all together or staged so you have to look at various other factors (e.g., cost, time off work etc) to make the best decision for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy Tuck and fat transfer can be performed at the same time

+2
The popularity of the Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttocks)  has exploded in the last couple of years.  This procedure can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures, (tummy tucks, breast lifts, breast implants, breast reductions, etc.)

The feasability of the procedure depends on each patients anatomy and expectations.  Sometimes it is best to separate the procedures and other times it is best to perform them together.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure frequently and is close to where your live, to provide adequate follow up for this procedure.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedures

+2
It is possible to have the combined procedures you are describing as long as you are in good health and your surgeon is experienced and can be efficient with the procedures.  The recovery will be more difficult for you but doable.  Some surgeons strongly advocate for staying off the buttock for two weeks after a BBL to prevent fat resorption.  While this recommendation makes sense, there is little objective scientific evidence to support this recommendation. Some surgeons are ok with it and others are not based on their experience and comfort level.  Discuss your concerns further with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and BBL

+2
It may be best to consider the BBL first using the fat from the abdomen for grafting.  Then at a second procedure have the abdominoplasty.  Positioning is always a problem when doing these two procedures together.  

Generally a Brazilian butt lift should proceed in abdominoplasty.

+2
Since gluteal augmentation was fat grafting often times needs retreatment the abdominal reservoir fat should be used before sacrificing it by way of abdominoplasty.

Tummy tuck, lipo and BBL

+2
Hello, thank you for  your question. It is a matter of the surgeon's preference. In my personal experience, I am a strong advocate for all three procedures done at the same time, as liposuction results are not as dramatic when you have the tummy tuck's scar tissue beneath the skin; at the same time, by doing liposuction firsthand, the abdominal flap is looser by the time I do the tummy tuck, so a better contour outcome is to be expected. Most of my cases are a combination of Lipo, TT and BBL and have had excellent results and fat uptake in the grafted areas. In the end, it is just a matter of surgeon comfort with the combination of procedures. Hope to have been of some help. Good luck with your surgery.

Jose A. León, MD

Tummy tuck lips and Brazilian butt lift at same time

+2
Hi and thanks for your question.  I am not in the camp that advocate doing both (tummy tuck and BBL) at the same time. Think about it, When fat is transferred to the buttocks, the fat cells need all of the oxygen possible in order to survive. Fat transfers (BBL) require a rich oxygen environment in order to attempt the highest rate of surviavl of the fat cells. We recommend that our patients do not place any significant pressure on their butts for 4-6 weeks following the BBL.

If you have a Tummy tuck and BBL done at the same time, how are you going to avoid lying on your back, face up when the tummy tuck prevents you from lying face down? I recommend that the BBL be done first to utilize the abdominal fat which would otherwise be discarded with the tummy tuck. After a minimum of three months , the patient is brought back and the TT is performed.
Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

TT +BBL

+2
This is a normal procedure, some surgeons don't like to do it on the same procedure because  it increase the duration of the surgery/ risks. Healing process does not alter combining this procedures. 
Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience on combined procedures and you shouldn't have any problems.

Luis Redondo, MD