Feel the Implant Move? (photo)

I'm 1 mo. post op from anchor lift and 240 cc saline unders. My right breast, I can feel the implant move.Almost like there's a shotput in there! It's weighty/shifty and uncomfortable. Now I can actually feel the implant poke out/right slighty behind the incision. I mentioned the shifting to my doc at my 2 week post op and she didn't seem concerned. Being able to actually feel it is new. Left breast is fine though almost a full cup size larger than the right also. I see her again at 6 weeks.

Implant move

+1

It is quite normal to feel your implant move a bit after breast surgery. If your doctor is not worried after an exam, then just follow closely with her/him. 

Movement and Being Able to Feel Implant

+1

In my experience, some patients do complain of one breast implant "feeling" or "moving" different from the other side.  Usually this all resolves with time.  It does concern me when you say your implant "pokes out" behind the incsion.  It would be unlikely, but if you have any open wounds still healing from surgery, you could have implant exposure.  I think a visit to your surgeon sooner, rather than waiting and worrying, may be the best thing you can do at this point.  Don't be afraid to ask your surgeon questions! The knowledge and experience he/she has from taking care of many patients can help to allay your fears.  Best of luck!

Steven Heaney, MD
Erie Plastic Surgeon

Feeling Implant After Breast Implants with Lift

+1

As the tissues continue to settle from a combined breast implant and lift procedure, you will notice new things and the development of some asymmetry. This is not abnormal in this very challenging breast reshaping operation. One can often feel an implant through the thin tissues at the underside of a breast. With these concerns, it would be important to give your plastic surgeon and call and see if you need to be seen sooner than 6 weeks. What you are feeling may be perfectly normal (and I suspect it is) but you need to run this by your own doctor.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant "poking out" should be checked by your surgeon.

+1

What you describe sounds only somewhat troubling, but even your photos (thanks for including) do not seem to show the exact nature of what a personal physical examination will in only a few moments! Rather than wait and worry for 6 weeks, or wait and actually develop into a problem that could have been minimized or avoided, makes no sense to me.

Call your surgeon and ask to be seen; the sooner the better! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant poking out under incision

+1

Implants can be felt after augmentation and you might sense movement, however if the implant is poking through a thin area in the incision your surgeon should see you sooner rather that a wait of six weeks.

Feeling the implant under your breasts

+1

It's still a bit early to be concerned about the final appearance of your breasts after your lift/augmentation. It appears that you have a good early result. As you heal, your swelling will resolve and your breast sizes should develop better volume symmetry. The implants will also move more naturally under your breasts. Be patient. Things should improve. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. For the most accurate advice and/or reassurance as to be seen by your plastic surgeon earlier than scheduled.   Only after  direct physical examination, will your plastic surgeon be able to tell you whether you are experiencing significant implant displacement and or palpability issues.  Hopefully, as the breast implant capsules around the breast implants continue to form/thicken,  these concerns will be decreased.

Based on your photographs, it seems like you will have a very nice improvement after the procedure performed ( especially  considering your “starting point”).