Curious about causes of bump in nose and prominent chin. How to fix the tip of nose, nostril, & bump? (photo)

I feel that I have two main issues that I would like to fix. Tiny bump on nose is more noticeable on left side than on right. Nose appears crooked in the form of a C shape. One nostril is higher than the other. On left side, bump is more apparent and the tip of the nose droops a bit. However, on right, bump is less noticeable and the nostril is upturned. Also, I have a prominent chin. I am seeking Doctors advice on what they suggest my next steps should be in regards to these two issues.

Combined rhinoplasty & genioplasty

+3
Based on the photos, you are a good candidate for both procedures.

Nose: Rhinoplasty to remove the bump, address any deviation (which may require a septoplasty and spreader grafts),   nostril balancing and improving the drooping of the tip. 

Chin: There are two options. 1. Segmental, posterior sliding genioplasty. The bone is cut and repositioned father back. This technique allows correction of any vertical excess. The procedure does not affect your teeth. 2. Shaving back of the chin bone directly, without any cuts in the bone. 

An in person exam will determine the detailed approach for each surgery. Both are usually performed at the same time.

Addressing nasal and chin deformities together.

+2
Your question is a good one, and both deformities can be addressed surgically with a well performed rhinoplasty and genioplasty, which will also balance your profile optimally. Computer imaging will help greatly, even though it is only 2 dimensional, in planning the procedures. These surgerys can and should be performed together to reduce the number of anesthetics and recoveries.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction

+2
Both your nasal and chin shapes are due to normal development. Many people have bumps on their nose which is where the nasal bones and septal cartilages meet. A little bit of septal overgrowth can cause both a nasal hump and a crooked nose. Taking down the bump and straightening the nose (with probably a little bit of tip elevation) is done through a septorhinoplasty procedure. A prominent chin can be caused by excessive bone and, when it is only a moderate excess like yours, it only becomes most apparent when the soft tissue are pulled back over the bone when one smiles. A submental chin reduction procedure is needed to remove enough bone and tighten the resultant loose chin tissues to remove its prominence.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty for nasal bump removal

+2
The dorsal bump is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be shaved down in order to remove it. The  dorsal hump removal will repair the asymmetry on the bridge. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are then required to narrow and straighten the nasal bones and sidewalls of the nose.  For many examples, please see the  link below

Chin and nose

+2
Thank you for the photos and question and you are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty and genioplasty to reduce your chin prominence

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

How can you try to fix the tip of the nose, nostril and bump??!!

+1
More standardized photos would be useful to correct distortions from camera position.The nostril asymmetry is not obvious from these photos.
Has there been an injury or previous surgery? Whether a full open rhinoplasty would be necessary or a less invasive approach would work would be determined by a more critical analysis either by an in person exam or better photos. Correction of an over projecting chin is best corrected by bony genioplasty without disconnecting the soft tissue from the bone at the apex of the chin and repositioning the bone conservatively. Again, standard photos and/or an in person visit would be a better way to evaluate this.
One has to avoid losing the soft tissue support to avoid a witch's chin deformity where the tip of the chin hangs down.

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD