Seriously Bulging Upper Abdomen? (photo)

I had my TT done 5week ago. I have noticed this bulging in the upper abdomen from the first day bandages came off. When I lay on my back belly appears normal. I had ultra sound done 3 week ago and fluid was drain still have bulging and tighten in upper belly after fluid was remove. Dr said no fluid. sleep with my binder and I wear my CG every day it dose not help with bulging/swelling and i also have loose skin, i do massage belly do not help. unhappy with my result. Can some please help? Thanks

Tummy Tuck Seroma

+1

At this point as the other plastic surgeons have noted, there is not much to do at this point but be patient.  You need time to heal and allow the swelling to subside.  At about 6 months time you can re-evaluate things.  At that point I would recommend discussing your options with your plastic surgeon.  If you dont like what you hear, you may always seek out a second opinion.  Good luck.  Hope that helps!!!

May need secondary liposuction following your abdominoplasty

+1

You are still early in your post operative recovery and it is likely that most of your swelling will resolve.  There is not much that you can do about it at this point.  Once you are 6 months out you may need some touch up liposuction to flatten this suprumbilical area out.  

Bulging seroma after tummy tuck

+1

Once a seroma develops it can take longer than five weeks to resolve. Your binder will help and the ultrasound can guide your surgeon as to the need to replace a drain. Patience at this time is a must.

I agree

+1

I agree with Dr Linski that your incision and drain placement are very strange. Maybe your surgeon was blind in one eye or something. I would seek out another opinion and make sure board certified in Plastic Surgery. Scar revisions are common and you will be ok

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Bulging after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very early, so be patient.  Visit your plastic surgeon and see what the surgeon says.   As swelling subsides you may be pleasantly surprised.  If, at a year, the bulging persists you will need a liposuction.  Some surgeons believe in liposuction during a tummy tuck and some do not.  Personally I thing liposuction during a tummy tuck is mandatory for a great result.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for posting the series of photos. I have concerns. Was your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon? The uneven levels of the incisions and the off centered placement of the drains as shown in the posted photos makes me wonder. Also the seroma formation in the supra umbilical area with residual issues can not be over looked. Best to obtain an in person second opinion from a boarded PS in your city.