Stomach is Not Tight Enough and Still Have Extra Skin?

I had a Tummy Tuck last April and have not been happy with results. I dont feel like my stomach is tight enough and I still have skin. The Dr says I might need another one? Is that even possible for the first one not to take well or is in netglegence of the Dr?

Loose skin after a tummy tuck

+1

Some patients have rebound laxity after even making it significantly tight when closed.  Sorry if you are not completely happy.

Loose skin after tt

+1

Not to be defensive, but rather to be informative, here is the first thing I want to address.

Negligence in this instance is a legal term, and relates to malpractice.  What it means is that the surgeon failed to do what a reasonable and prudent surgeon would have done under the same or similar circumstances.  Alternatively, it is also defined as doing something that a reasonable and prudent surgeon would not do...  You get it.

So here is the deal with the legal definition from your perspective.  Nowhere does it say you have to have the best result, or even a good result.  In fact, you could have a garbage result, but it may not rise to the legal definition.

Now back to something to help your situation.  If I were your surgeon, I would not be happy either and would make arrangements for a revision (yes it is very possible).  The fact that your surgeon is already making references to that possibility, speaks well of him.

What needs to be resolved is the $ to cover the procedure.

Good Luck.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Unhappy after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question but, as you can imagine, it is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. Assuming you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon, I would suggest that you communicate your questions/concerns in a calm/constructive fashion. Otherwise, for more precise advise you may need to seek second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

It is hard to say without pictures.  It could be that you really do have excess skin or there may have been a change in your weight that may have altered your result.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Weight loss after tummy tuck

+1

Have you had any additional weight loss after the surgery.  Unfortunately, one of the rare risks is need for a touch up surgery.  You should ask your PS exactly why this happened. 

Loose tummy tuck

+1

Without seeing photos its difficult to answer the question. However, speaking in general terms, its possible the surgeon did not tighten your muscles as much as they could have been tightened and/or did not remove as much skin and fat as possible. This may have been a conscious decision, based on risk factors you may have, or just a judgement call where he felt he was taking as much as was safe. I would suggest discussing it with your surgeon and possibly getting another opinion or two (with board certified plastic surgeons) before having a second surgery. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Extra Skin After Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. It's just not possible to answer your question without at least the aid of pre and post operative photographs. One would also need to know the etiology of the abdominal laxity, such as significant weight loss. You may want to consider posting pictures and giving more information.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

+1

I am hesitant to answer your questions based on the info in your posting. At a minimum, some photos from before and after surgery, height and weight, and the cause of the laxity  (?pregnancy, ?weight loss).  Please consider posting that info. All the best. 

Second tummy tuck

+1

It is very rare to have a tummy tuck and then to need another one 7 months later unless you have had some massive (50+) pound weight loss over that time. Without seeing pre and post operative photos it would be hard for me to say why this is needed in your case.  I recommend that you talk to your surgeon and ask them why this is needed.

Sacha Obaid, MD