Will Thermage Help After Previous Facelifts?

iI am an older woman with former face ifts. I have saging under the jowls and turkey(?) neck. Will thermage help? i don't want to have anathesia aain because of my age. How much does thermage cost?

Thermage is the ideal non-surgical procedure for a woman who does not want a face lift

+1
I have treated many older patients - both men and women -who were adament that they did not want a facelift.  The results of Thermage will not replace a facelift but definitely provided skin tightening and produced new collagen in their skin.  My patients have been very happy.  As long as you have realistic expectations and do not want surgery you will be pleased with the results.  You need to find someone very experienced with this procedure before proceeding.

Thermage after Facelift

+1

Greetings Emma Ann~

It's tough to say without seeing you in person if Thermage could be helpful in your particular case but in general Thermage is a great adjunct to a previous facelift. Thermage can tighten the skin and stimulate collagen. We've had some great results with patients who have had previous facelifts as well as those who are hoping to put off having one off for a while.  In addition to Thermage, there may be some other non-surgical options to improve that lower face like Botox and Fillers (like Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse).  We have many options for patients not wanting surgery but a face to face consultation is the best way to get all of your best options.

Take care,

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

Thermage may help

+1

It sounds like a facelift would be your best option. I do do them under local anesthesia only. The thermage is also effective to a certain extent. It will give you a maximum improvement of about 20% of what a facelift will. I have a recession temporary price reduction. Watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage stimulates collagen production which helps to tighten the skin even after facelifts

+1

Thermage stimulates collagen production which helps to tighten the skin even after facelifts.  Make sure you go to a doctor with experience as it is a specialized procedure.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thermage should work after facelift surgery

+1

Although the results of Thermage after facelifts have never been formally studied to my knowledge, there is no reason to believe that you wouldn't get tightening to a degree similar to someone who didn't have a facelift.  I have treated several patients who have had prior facelifts, and the percentage of tightening appears comparable to those who have not had prior surgery.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon