Had a Mini Lift 1 Weeks Ago And Have A Hardened Large Sore Mass Beneath My Chin. Normal?

Hi. Ihad a Minilift 7 Days Ago and Now Have a Hardened Large, Slightly Sore Mass Beneath my Chin That Looks Like a Double Chin.. Is this typical at 7 days out? Will it recede? Will I need revision surgery to fix this? Very concerned. Thanks.

Large Sore

+1

It could be a couple of things. If you had liposuction done in the area it might be scar tissue. It can also be some slight swelling from the suture that was placed in that area. You can gently massage and give it time but bring it up to your doctor at your next office visit.

Too Early To Say

+1

Unfortunately, it is too early to determine what the final outcome will be. Continue seeing your facial plastic surgeon at this stage.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Mass beneath chin after Mini-Facelift

+1

It is not unusual to have some swelling under the chin one week after having a MiniFacelift.  However, I would suggest you have your surgeon examine you to make certain you are not developing a hematoma in this area.  If you are, it may need to be drained.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Firm Mass Under Chin Normal after Mini-lift

+1

Yes, the hard area under you chin is healing tissue that should soften and go away.  Usually, with a mini-lift, there is some suctioning of fat and loosening of skin in this area.  There is expected swelling and bruising that leads to what you see and feel.  In addition, some swelling and bruising from the surrounding area may settle there.  It is worst at about week!  Expect it to recede slowly on its own over several weeks.  Gentle massage and the use of a compressive band at night may be helpful. 

Randy J. Buckspan, MD