Am I A Good Candidate For Asian Rhinoplasy/ Bulbous Nose? (photo)

ive always hated my nostrils,when i laugh it streches sidewards rather than caucasian when the laugh it streches upwards,the middle of my nose makes it look like a garlic shape.im lucky that my nostrils hole are smaller because if its bigger the holes would face forward not downward.and i would like to have a higher nose bridge.can my nose be fixed? i have pictures of my ideal nose shape.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos, the tip of your nose lacks definition.  With a combination of cartilage thinning and grafting, your nose can be enhanced.  You would need an in-person visit to adequately determine what can realistically can be done.

Good luck!

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

+1

Your bulbous tip can be refined. You should not have alar wage resections at the base of your nose. You have vertically placed nostrils and narrowing them would make your nose look worse. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Reshaping the nose with Asian rhinoplasty

+1

The changes you describe can be achieved with Asian rhinoplasty.  One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin.  The picture of the model can be used as an inspiration, as long as you understand that surgery can be performed to achieve a similar look, but not the same nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Narrowing the nostrils and raising the bridge, +/- tip refinement are common requests in my practice.  Many patients don't like the flaring of the nostrils particularly with smiling.  An in-person consultation is recommended to evaluate the inside and outside of your nose and show you an idea of your results with computer image morphing.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD