How Can I Remove an 8 Year Old Scar From Upper Lip?

8 years ago, I felt something "strange" on my upper lip. Best I can describe it is that it felt like a cold sore (though, I've never had one). I saw my upper lip bubbling near where a cold sore would form. After 2 minutes, it went away and a verticle indentation scar formed (I guess it's an internal scar?). It feels like there is no "fat" or "muscle" there. It's an indented, an inch long verticle. What could have caused this? How to I repair this? Is dermalimaging/diagnostics avail?

Scar revision of lip

+2
You would need to see a plastic surgeon in consultation. If this mass is, in fact, a scar, it could be excised and the area re-closed. If it crosses the border from the "pink" to "white", which is called the vermillion, revision of the scar would be more involved but could certainly be attempted.

How Can I Remove an 8 Year Old Scar From upper lip?

+2

Can not advise based upon the limited info and no in person examination, plus no photo posted. Best to see in person a boarded PSs in Tampa. 

Indented scars on the upper lips

+1

Indented scars on the upper lip can be corrected with percutaneous scar release and injectable fillers. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS