How to Identify What Was Injected in Cheeks to Make Them Slimmer?

I've had two injections done in China at a cosmetic surgeon: 1. Usual Botox into forehead 2. Some very painful injection into cheeks to make them slimmer She promised that the injection will make my cheeks slimmer.

Right now I have difficulty talking and cannot smile. I've contacted the surgeon in China, but she was unable to provide me the name of the drug. So could one of the doctors please help me identify what possible drugs could have been injected into my cheeks and what measures I can take to recover faster. Thank you!

How to identify material in cheek injections.

+1

The only way to do this is to biopsy the cheeks where the material was placed and sent it to a laboratory for analysis and knowing whether or not it can be removed.

Identifying a Mystery Cheek "Slimming" Chemical injected while Abroad

+1

You traveled to China where you had injection of 2 mystery compounds into your face. One was supposedly Botox and the other was a cheek "slimming" chemical.

China does not honor copy rights and trade marks. It is is the world's largest trader in gray market drugs and the largest producer of fake medications. I would therefore be indeed shocked if you were injected with real Allergan-produced Botox and not a knock-off.

As regards the "slimming" medication, if your Chinese doctor herself was unable (?unwilling) to give you the name of the drug she placed in you, what possible chance would we have of guessing what it could be? The possibilities and potential damages are limitless.

I truly sympathize with you. It did not have to be this way.

Confucious Say....

+1

Hi Anon

Confucious say, "He who not know what injected, not know "solution" to question!"

Botox is injected into the masseter muscles (the very strong muscle in our jaw-cheek) to narrow a wide face. This would explain your difficulty with smiling and talking (any trouble with chewing?). Other injectables used to slim the face are those associated with lipodissolve procedures.

Sorry to hear about your unwanted side effects. Do not know of any measures to help you recover faster. Try to contact the doc in China to find out what was injected. Your experience unfortunately is an all too common example of why medical tourism is not such a good idea (though it may have seemed so at the time).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P