Any Ideas What I May End Up Looking Like or Different Suggestions for Implant Volume/type? (photo)

Im 24 5"6 115lb. Ive been researching before and after pictures but have trouble finding breasts that look like mine, not only do i have no breast tissue but compared to other people my nipples seem to be very far apart. Surgeon has suggested a max of 230cc high profile round implant. Im worried these will look like tennis balls with huge gap between them with nipples right on edges, think i need implant with a larger base diameter as 32in back isnt that tiny and wud like them to meet in middle

Advice for BA

+2

You should see a few different surgeons for consultation. You have legitimate concerns and I think you might be right about the look of the implants that were recommended. Go to implantinfo.com and search for women that have the same height and weight. Then look for women that look like you and find some results you like. 

Implant Size Selection

+1

Ihelp my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What Size implant to get?

+1

Thank you for your question.  The link I have attached is of a patient with similar starting point (larger gap inbetween the breasts with the areola pointing a bit outward). 

In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size.

If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Implant choices

+1

Implant choices will depend upon your anatomy for the most part. I will point out that in your photo, your nipples seem to be far apart and pointing slightly outward. This will only get magnified with implants.