Ideal Time to Remove a Porex Chin Implant?

Hi Doctors, On 29th June 2012, I had the following facial surgeries: 1) liposculpture of the face, by postauricular openings and submental incsions,1mm each sculting of b/l cheeks and neck done 2) buccal fat pads removed by stabs in vestibule 3) extended round two piece porex chin implant ,by intra-oral route In case, I don't really like the implant and want it removed, what should be the ideal time so as to avoid further complications such as 'witchy chin' 'sagging skin' etc? Thanks Bobby

When is best time to remove Porex implants?

+2

The short answer is "as soon as possible." Porex is a type of implant that is very porous (good name choice) and your tissue grows into the implant making it harder to remove to longer it is in place.  Have the implant removed soon and this may be able to be done under local sedation only.  Good luck to you.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Porex Chin Implant

+1

Your surgeon would know the optimal time in relationship to how well you are healing from your other surgeries. In general however, early removal is preferred. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Removal of chin implant

+1

I agree that early removal of a Porox implant  is simpler than done  later. If it were a silicone implant, I might suggest  giving it more time. If you are sure you do not want chin augmentation , have it removed soon.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon